Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I think the Fogotten Realms series is really good (thought not as good as Dragonlance) and I've read the Cleric Quintet which I thought had a very good and sad ending to it. I've just started to read the Icewind Dale Trilogy which seems to be the most famous of the books:D
Posted
Yay! Fantasy books!:D Me likey!

Eh, yes, FR-series... You better leave R.A.Salvatore after you've read the Icewind dale and Black Elf, because I tell you, from that on, it's going to SUCK! Instead, read Elaine Cunningham's Daughter of Drow-series and Swords and Songs-series -SHE's good. No, BRILLIANT!

But about the whole concept of Forgotten Realms... What's so "forgotten" about them? The series don't have such an unifying element as the Dragonlance-series, thus it's more scattered as a series. Each book/trilogy/series in it is more of a story of it's own, and has nothing in common with the others except "Forgotten Realms"-logo on the cover, and some places.

But I must admit, it's fantasy at it's purest, so I guess anybody who likes fantasy will not regret reading the books -at least MOST of the books (I repeat, R.A.Salvatore's later production REEKS!)*groan*
Posted
Yeah Ive read most of the books with Drizzt Do'Urden in them. THe Dark Elf Trilody, Icewind Dale, and um.... well I cant remember the other ones. It has been a while, but they were great.:mrt:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i]
[B]Yay! Fantasy books!:D Me likey!

Eh, yes, FR-series... You better leave R.A.Salvatore after you've read the Icewind dale and Black Elf, because I tell you, from that on, it's going to SUCK! Instead, read Elaine Cunningham's Daughter of Drow-series and Swords and Songs-series -SHE's good. No, BRILLIANT!

Really? I had heard that the Icewind Dale and the Black Elf were the best of the Forgotten Realms! People talk about and draw Drizzt all the time on a web site called Elfwood. Oh well I guess I'm stuck reading them though because I bought them and didn't borrow them. I still liked the Cleric Quintet though.:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/i]
[B]

Really? I had heard that the Icewind Dale and the Black Elf were the best of the Forgotten Realms! [/B][/QUOTE]

Err, you must've misread me... I said AFTER Icewind dale and Black elf leave the author be, because the "Drows legacy"-series and that on are FAR from as good as the first two trilogies. ALTHOUGH if you're a true fantasylover, you should read every book from every fantasy-author you can get your hands into.;)
Posted
:blush: Oh sorry Sage I didn't really see the AFTER in your sentence. I guess I should read things more carefully then;)
I've read some more of the Icewind Dale trilogy and its getting more interesting but I still don't get what the crystal Shard is all about.
Posted
I'm not sure if I mean the same thing, but Errtu's crystal is an EEEVIL thing. It comes more important in future books, when it get's in Jarlaxle's posession...
Posted
I see...well right now its not in Errtu's hands it is actually in Akar Kessel's possesion though Errtu is now at Akar Kessel's castle but he dare not take away the Cystal Shard for it might hurt him or something like that:confused:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...