sydney Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 I was thinking that when posting things it would be usefull to have some sort of spell check for users so that way we dont always look like we cant spell. it is just a thought, But I know other boards that have that feature and it works rather nice.
Phantom Posted November 19, 2002 Posted November 19, 2002 I think there was somthing bout this b4 and James apparently said there was a spell check but honestly...lol I think it doesnt work well lol. If you have that much worry about your spelling on-the-fly...than maybe you shuold use your word processing program for any type of post you may deem in need of being 'proofed'. If you dont have a prog to do spell checking, there is probably free ones some place. And if you have a fast connection, you can prolly downlaod a good free wp from [url]www.openoffice.org[/url] :-D
sydney Posted November 20, 2002 Author Posted November 20, 2002 yes I understand, I was just thinking it would make a nice addition to this site. also, in defence of all of us lazy/horrible spellers it would just be easier if there was a spell check thingy for when we reply to posts.
Guest boogeta Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sydney [/i] [B]I was thinking that when posting things it would be usefull to have some sort of spell check for users so that way we dont always look like we cant spell. it is just a thought, But I know other boards that have that feature and it works rather nice. [/B][/QUOTE] That would be nice
Phantom Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 Yes, essentially...but I guess I've grown so accustomed to spelling things with basic correctness that the only time I need a spell checker is when I am writing for spars or role plays...and than, the posts are so long that its best not to write within the browser anyway...
Mitch Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 [color=red] There was just a thread about this. I've also made a thread about this....but, hey, maybe this will make it public, then I'll get what I want... But yet, just use word, or some other thing like it, or go to [url]www.dictionary.com[/url]. That's only a click away.[/color]
Red Posted November 20, 2002 Posted November 20, 2002 [b]There has already been a post about this, found [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16377]here.[/url] It's less than a month old so it's only a couple of pages away O_o Please bring back slightly older threads instead of creating entirely new ones, :)[/b]
Recommended Posts