Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hello, I'm new here as you can tell. I have a question in regards to Japanese. The word 'Otaku' is refered to fanboy in most cases but many Japanese I've talked to insist that's incorrect and that otaku means 'house' or a polite form of 'you'. Could someone that is VERY fimilar with Japanese clear this up for me? Perferably someone that has a year or two of collage level Japanese or someone who nativily speaks it.
Posted
Im pretter SURE Otaku means "NERD" ..but I am not quite sure.

This may or may not supposed to be in this forum but who cares these days... I think I am right with that answer... If you want a second opinion... PM wrist cutter.... he is or resident Japanese Guru.
Posted
[size=1]Try [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=12374]this[/url] thread. Kind of old, but it'll work.

[there's an examination of the word by wrist cutter on page two.][/size]
Posted
This'll get closed but I'll squeeze in a quick definition.

otaku: nerd, geek, obsessive... any of those.

However it is also used when speaking of someone else's house. Yes it is an honorable term, but Japanese tend to 'honor' people more often than we do.

For more in-depth meaning... yeah, go to the other post.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...