Zanarkand Abes Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 Hey, I am anticipating the arrival of this new game. But I don't know what it is about, and if it is worth buying. What do ya'll think. And, does anyone know any codes or secret players in the krypts and their numbers?
Jinzouningen17 Posted November 21, 2002 Posted November 21, 2002 Actually, the name of the game is Mortal Kombat 5: Deadly Alliance. To find out more about it and see video clips and screen shots, go to [url]http://www.mk5.org/[/url] and check it out. It definetly looks like its gonna be hot(especially since Shang Tsung's back. ^_^)
Zanarkand Abes Posted November 22, 2002 Author Posted November 22, 2002 Sorry, I forgot the name when I was writing this, but I knew it was 5 and started with A somehow.
Jinzouningen17 Posted November 22, 2002 Posted November 22, 2002 I think I'm gonna go ahead and play a little bit of it [Mortal Kombat Deady Alliance] on my Gameboy Advanced(or should I say VisualBoy Advanced. ;) )now. Its definetly a hot game even though the one I got is for Gameboy. If I had the money, I'd buy a copy for PS2, but since I'm broke, I just thought I'd get the rom and try it out. And it was definetly a good pick up. [size=1][color=blue]Edited to remove off topic content.-Crazy White Boy[/size][/color]
electra Posted November 23, 2002 Posted November 23, 2002 I don't actually have the game, but I do have all the other (including those horrible, horrible sub-games) and this will be no different. Hopefully, it will live up to my standards, because I've been very dissapointed with the past few games. [color=blue][size=1]Edited to remove off-topic content.-Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]
Guest Musahi Posted November 24, 2002 Posted November 24, 2002 [size=1]I downloaded some clips from IGN and read the article about it in November's PSM and I am pretty impressed. It seems the MK series might actually be turning it self around. The concept of being able to switch fighting styles while in a juggle is awesome, and some of the fatalities, primarily Sub-Zero, are amazing. He rips not just the spinal cord out, but the whole skeleton. Yes, it [i]seems[/i] that we might finally have another classic on our hands. This one is a must buy in my book.[/size] [color=blue]Edited for off-topic content. -Crazy White Boy[/color] [size=1]Gah! Stay out of my posts![/size] [color=blue]Stay on topic then! :laugh:[/color] [size=1]Now you deleting stuff, out of my posts. I am ashamed you would sink so low....[/size]
Spikey Posted November 24, 2002 Posted November 24, 2002 [COLOR=green]I am going to get it here soon. First I am going to earn my money, then buy it. I don't know much about it right now. I have played all the others, and I have the 4th one. It is very good. I think that you have to beat something, you'll get a secret place, beat the guy there, and I think you'll get him. I heard that somewhere. But I don't really know anything else, sorry.[/color]
Zanarkand Abes Posted November 25, 2002 Author Posted November 25, 2002 My friend is the nephew of the same Tobias who created the game, and he has it. He says it is pretty cool, and you earn coins from beating people. Then you go to the graveyard with those coins and open crypts. That is how you get artwork, costumes, levels, and people.
Guest Musahi Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i] [B] It definetly looks like its gonna be hot(especially since Shang Tsung's back. ^_^) [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1]That is why it was named, Deadly Alliance! Quan Chi and Shang Tsung have joined forces. It looks simply amazing, some of the early screens were beautiful, but I can't seem to find them anymore. :( If anybody knows where I can get that [i]one[/i] screen of Scorpian and Jax fighting, I would be very happy. :)[/size]
Jinzouningen17 Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i] [B][size=1]It looks simply amazing, some of the early screens were beautiful, but I can't seem to find them anymore. :( If anybody knows where I can get that [i]one[/i] screen of Scorpian and Jax fighting, I would be very happy. :)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [url]http://www.mk5.org/content/mkda/media.cds[/url] Your welcome. :D
Guest Musahi Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [size=1]Thank you so much, just do you know. The one I was refering to was this. [img]http://www.mk5.org/content/mkda/media/jaxscorp.jpg[/img] You gave me lots of other pictures to drool at too![/size]
Kuririn Posted December 1, 2002 Posted December 1, 2002 This game looks [b]pimp![/b] It has some of the sweetest graphics around. Thanks alot for the site Jinzouningen17. I found lots of helpful information there. But, as you can see the screens are amazing! Look at the lighting on Jax's chest! That is total sweetness.
Sephiroth Posted December 1, 2002 Posted December 1, 2002 Erm, am I the only person who has this game, lol The game is pretty good, but nothing that compares to Tekken or Virtua Fighter Graphics are not that good either, early screenshots usually fool you, but it does have some nice touches Fatalities are pretty weak, and each character only has 1, no animalities or anything like that either Not sure whether there are any pit fatalities or anything like that, doesn't appear so
Treble Posted December 2, 2002 Posted December 2, 2002 You're not the only one with this game Seph, and I must agree with everything you have said about MK: DA. But nonetheless, without comparing it to the other two great fighting games, MK: DA turned out to be pretty good. The fatalities in the game were average, I expected alot more from Midway, and from what I heard about the game there are no stage pit fatalities. What I really like about MK: DA was the ability to fight in three different styles and planning out ways to link combos up using the styles, its unique. ;)
Ryan Posted December 3, 2002 Posted December 3, 2002 [size=1] I also have the game, for X-Box. I was so pissed off because each character only has one fatality and no animalities or brutalities like in MK Trilogy. I love to play it though. Those images do fool you because to me the graphics aren't that good. I prefer Dead or Alive 3. But that is just my opinion.[/size]
Zanarkand Abes Posted December 3, 2002 Author Posted December 3, 2002 I need cheat codes for this game help i need sombody not just anybody help. Help you the only one who can HELP!!!:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Guest Musahi Posted December 9, 2002 Posted December 9, 2002 [size=1][b]Well, I finally played the game and it is pretty cool. It doesn't cater to my fighting needs but I still like it. The controls are a bit sluggish. I only got to play for about two minutes though, but I plan on renting it. Oh, as for the cheats........ *cough* [url]http://codes.ign.com/ob2/068/016/016335.html[/url] *cough*[/size][/b]
sydney Posted December 9, 2002 Posted December 9, 2002 Personally I hated the endless supply of fatalitys, brutalitys, and anermalitys, and gah friendships. Mortal Kombat is a fighter game, not a finishing move game.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now