Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I know this had to have been noticed by those who dont like the original db.

It is with out a doubt one of the better fights to go down so far on what toonami has showed of the dragonball series.

"the strong ones." that was a great ep.

So what I want to talk about here is what everyone thought of the most recent dragonball eps. to air and what everyone thinks of the more action packed dragonball stuff that is from later on in the series.

so... what do you guys think?
Posted
i like dragonball. It's a good show. I enjoy it more then DBZ. Probably because it's really funny and i can get into it more. i really liked the past few eps. The action was great for an old anime like that.
Posted
I think Dragonball is much better than DBZ. It's nowhere near as predictable and the action (although far-fetched) is a bit more realistic. DB has a lot more physical comedy, too.
Posted
i don't like the power level thing in dbz that much. I just don't see any reason for it. It makes no sense for them to use power levels. You'll just find out who is stronger at the end of the match. The fights in dbz start off with you already knowing the power levels of the fighters. it's no fun knowing who is gonna kick whose butt at the begginning of the fight. In db, however, you don't who is stronger and, therefor, it is more exciting to see the fight. That's all just my opinion, obviously
Guest boogeta
Posted
I like DBZ better because there older and stonger the fights look better
Posted
I want to come forth and mention that I didnt put this up to say, one is better than the other. I still like dbz more. But I put this up to see what you guys thought of the evolving nature of db.

Its getting more violent and the action is getting much faster.

Its also starting to show a bunch of artistic style that would end up being used later on during dbz.

I think that the fight .vs. gohan was a bench mark for this stuff.

I also noticed just recently that I saw a frontal view of gokou that becomes very common place in dbz for the first time. Its that view with his head and face looking forward, but his body is at an angle that is facing forward, but angled just enough so you can only see one of his arms. Its sorta hard to explain, so, sorry about that.

But the point is about how much db changed in the time it was on.

As mentioned above, eventually we are gonna get to the rest of db and that stuff is gonna be even more violent and fast paced.

To talk about db and the change that occured in the violence level. That was the main reason for this thread.

But I gotta say, I dont mind anything that has gone on in the thread so far... so, please continue on.

I just wanted to stop back in on the thread.
Posted
I personally feel that Dragonball Z is better. I am not exactly sure why, but it has a better hold on me. I don't really watch DB on Toonami, I used to read a bit of the manga but that is all in the past. The last good fight I read was Jackie Chun (Muten Roshie) vs. Goku. :p I did however see the episode after they fought, I'm pretty sure they will re-show it. I'll be sure to catch next time. ;)
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I only read it in my manga. ^_^
I could tell from his clothes it was gohan. It was actually pretty predictible...[/color] [/size]
Posted
I found watching Philof & his group, transforming into
(that 3 part robot thing) a little familiar, If were talking old amine.
"gokents"
I am pretty sure what I know which view of Goku your referring to,
I have seen similar in the TV movie Bardock father of Goku,
it shows pictures of Goku threw out stages in his life,
from when he was a child until adulthood.
I recognized that from one of the scenes I watched last week.
Not to mention that boy, who drugged Goku
looked a lot like Gohan. I am really enjoying
watching how everything comes together,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...