Rhys Mayiessen Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 There is a Two Towers exhibit for Lord of the Rings going on in Toronto Canada in the Royal Ontario Museum and it's nowhere else in the world! It has all the armor and swords and stuff from the movie and it feels like you're actually going through Middle-Earth! You get to see footage from the movie as well. I just went to see it today and it's really good! I loved it! Some of you might want to know why its in Toronto instead of somewhere in America. Well the reason is because it was our idea and we asked if we could have it so we got it. So has anyone actually been to the Exibit execpt for me?:p
Guest Matt Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 [color=red][b] :( I want to go, but I don't feel like driving 8 hours. I guess I will have to miss it. It sounds very interesting tho[/b][/color]
Tigervx Posted November 30, 2002 Posted November 30, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/i] [B]There is a Two Towers exhibit for Lord of the Rings going on in Toronto Canada in the Royal Ontario Museum and it's nowhere else in the world! It has all the armor and swords and stuff from the movie and it feels like you're actually going through Middle-Earth! You get to see footage from the movie as well. I just went to see it today and it's really good! I loved it! Some of you might want to know why its in Toronto instead of somewhere in America. Well the reason is because it was our idea and we asked if we could have it so we got it. So has anyone actually been to the Exibit execpt for me?:p [/B][/QUOTE] ..............urge to kill rising.........can't see exhibit........destroy....:devil:
Shinobi Posted December 1, 2002 Posted December 1, 2002 Wow, sounds great! But i wouldn't spend money on a flight that would take 8hours and would cost lots ofmoney :(. I wanna see it though! DAMMIT the UK gets nothing.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted December 1, 2002 Author Posted December 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tigervx [/i] [B]..............urge to kill rising.........can't see exhibit........destroy....:devil: [/B][/QUOTE] Ahhh....! Noooo! Don't kill me! Its not my fault that I live here! Anyways usually the US gets all the fun stuff and Canada gets nothing so at least we got something this time!
Flash Posted December 2, 2002 Posted December 2, 2002 Heh, it's funny.. People from all over the country here have props and stuff. Hell, I can't walk down the street without finding some random LOTR momento. *finds sword prop outside* *throws it in the pile*
NeoCactuar Posted December 10, 2002 Posted December 10, 2002 It's not the only one in the world dude, there is one at our museum, and you can walk into Weta Workshops (The company that made all the LotR gear) and have a look around, hell even by some of the official products, as in the ones that were used in the movie. They even have the one ring, you put it in a fire and the elvish appears, then you can polish it back out. You may as well refer to New Zealand as Middle earth now.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted December 10, 2002 Author Posted December 10, 2002 ::shruggs:: We've got the real stuff from the movie though
Flash Posted December 11, 2002 Posted December 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/i] [B]::shruggs:: We've got the real stuff from the movie though [/B][/QUOTE] Uh, do you know where NeoC and I are from? Furthermore, do you know where LoTR was filmed? And the director, where he's from? Yeah, put two and two together. How 'bout that.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted December 11, 2002 Author Posted December 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i] [B]Uh, do you know where NeoC and I are from? Furthermore, do you know where LoTR was filmed? And the director, where he's from? Yeah, put two and two together. How 'bout that. [/B][/QUOTE] What you think I don't know about Lord of the Rings? I know where the film was filmed and I know where the director is from. You see Final Flash all the stuff in the exhibit guess where it came from. New Zealand! So yeah don't think I don't know anything about Lord of the Rings because I know a lot and I definatly know that the stuff I saw was real. Do you think Canada lies or something? Do you think I would lie? So how 'about that!!!:flaming:
NeoCactuar Posted December 12, 2002 Posted December 12, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/i] [B]What you think I don't know about Lord of the Rings? I know where the film was filmed and I know where the director is from. You see Final Flash all the stuff in the exhibit guess where it came from. New Zealand! So yeah don't think I don't know anything about Lord of the Rings because I know a lot and I definatly know that the stuff I saw was real. Do you think Canada lies or something? Do you think I would lie? So how 'about that!!!:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE] No I do not think Canada lies. And while movies have others to believe so, I do not Blame Canada. Now me and Flash were simply saying we LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND, and we have the official stuff here as well, because... well... it was all made here, by New Zealanders, in New Zealand. I'm sure all Flashy was doing, was pointing out the fact that we too "::Shrug:: Have the official stuff as well". Were just trying to say that Canada is not the only place in the world with this stuff, and, no, the governments of all the other UN countries are not Conspiring against Canada, because they "Lie".
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now