OtakuBoards

fan fiction...

kmjk

How about putting the fan fiction in a sublevel of the "Poetry, Fan Fiction & Literature" section?
Why? Because that really seems to be the bulk of the posts.

ed: good points!

ed2: I withdraw my sugg. and insert a polite request that posters put "fanfic", "poem" in title instead.

[size=1]They all fit nicely together. Trying to keep them all seperate--or one seperate from the others--would be tricky, and just...kinda pointless. It would draw away from the other areas.

Besidea..what if you wrote a poem about a show or story? Heh.[/size]

Well I admt I never go in the writing forum, mostly because I suck at writing. But anyway....

I think this relates to the series forums in a way. Mario and GTA3 were given their own forums. It takes away a lot of discussion form the original ones (Nintendo and Sony respectively), and the other two forums can't really flurish due to their nature and subjects.

I'd expect the same thing to happen in this case, but who really knows,

Yeah, I don't really see a reason for separating fan fiction from poetry and literature either. Fan fiction material contains a lot of the general principles of poetry; it allows members to be creative and critique one another. Separating fan fiction and poetry would be the equivalent of giving banner and avatar requests their own unique areas.

It's only one small element of the forum, so I don't think that it would stay afloat in a sub forum of its own. At least combined, the subjects make a pretty successful area of the boards. Fan fiction and the other subjects don't really get in way of one another, so it's not like the area is cluttered or anything.

As Semjaza said, it would just take away discussion from the original forum...