Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Alright, incase you didn't know, Punky Brewster was an old show from the 80's...lol...Anyways, I'm wondering if any of you are into punk/ska/emo, etc. I need some good songs to download, since I'm bored. Anything like MXPX, NOFX, No Use For A Name, Midtown, Lagwagon, The Vandals, etc. No Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, or Blink 182 (as they suck IMO).

Spank ya,
Shinji (^_^)/[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=coral].....Saves the Day, NewFoundGlory, RXBandits, Homegrown, GreenDay(ooooold school, mind you..), the Living end, 311, aquabats(I think)....Hmm, that's all I can think of.....[/COLOR]
Posted
heh. me = ska/punk fiend.

People say Propagandhi is "PC Punk"...they say they're progressive thrash. But, whatever, try "And we thought that nation states were a good idea" <--prolly not the right title

Try Pennywise's "Stand by me"...They cover that song the best "IMO".

Operation Ivy's "The Crowd", "Jaded", "Knowledge", or "Big City"
I don't like "Artificial Life" that much but maybe you might.

Dead Kennedy - "Mtv get off the air" is a classic.
Hi Standard - Teenagers are all assholes
Kemuri - any...japanese ska

As for emo...barf. Some people might suggest new Found Glory or the Atari's or The Weaker Than's or the Alkaline Trio

Ska? Hmm....not really into ska......go to [url]http://www.asianmanrecords.com[/url] they have a lot of band listings.
Posted
wow..it makes me feel i'm older and older. i use to watch that show when i was little.

punky had to reduce her breasts size 'cause it was getting to big several years ago..:p poor punky. hehe.

she appeared in 'friends'..as joey's punching girlfriend, and she co-stars in sabrina the teenage witch.

since we were on punky topic..-_-
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Anyways, I'm wondering if any of you are into punk/ska/emo, etc.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]o.O Where have [i]you[/i] been in all the music discussions??? Of course some of us are "into" punk/ska/emo etc.

Anywho, I'm just gonna go through a list here of bands:

NOFX, All, Millencolin, The (international) Noise Conspiracy [they have a semi-odd sound but they're pretty good], Vision, Rancid, Guttermouth, Osker, Dwarves, 98 Mute, The Beatsteaks, H2O, Madball, Straight Faced, Death by Stereo, Bombshell Rocks, Dropkick Murphys <--They're like an Irish punk band or something, lol; umm.. Bouncing Souls, Satanic Surfers, Pennywise, Pulley, Union 13, Voodoo Glow Skulls <-- another odd sound, The Hives, New Bomb Turks, Zeke, Agnostic Front, AFI, The Vandals, Reel Big Fish, Misfits, The Cramps.. that's all I can think of right now..[/SIZE]
Posted
Do any of you older otakus remember a show called "Small Wonder" from the 80's? It was about a girl robot and was a sitcom type thing.
Posted
Don't change the topic, Shyguy.

American HiFi- Vertigo
Our Lady Peace- Life
Green Day- Scumbag
Presidents- Peaches(Yeah, old, I know...but good.) :)
And yeah, old Green Day stuff...Time Of Your Life was good. Most of their new stuff sucks, but the Scumbag song is alright.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]

Try Pennywise's "Stand by me"...They cover that song the best "IMO".

[/B][/QUOTE]

we sat down to that in corp :D


No use for a name - some punk song (no really, thats the title)
presidents - lump
bad religion - you
NoFX - Linoleum





(other cool songs....:

Timebomb - I think its by specials but im not sure.
thats proper punk though, none of your shi'ty californian stuff.

sex pistols - god save the queen)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]o.O Where have [i]you[/i] been in all the music discussions??? Of course some of us are "into" punk/ska/emo etc.
SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't read any of your posts usually, because they're filled with retarded statements. Sorry. Anyways...Pennywise's cover of Stand By Me is good, but I prefer Me First and the Gimmie Gimmie's covers...Plus I like Fat Mike, so there ya go.
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
I don't know WHAT the hell any of this is, it's just left me confused :confused:

I don't listen to rock/punk or any of that stuff, so I wouldn't really know

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...