Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Does anyone know if there is an English version of Evangelion that has the deleted scenes that appear in the Japanese version...(i.i. Lillith regenerating, Lance of Longnus bosters, Fight with 16th angel compleetly)...?
Posted
Some of it is shown in Eva Death&Rebirth, but no, no english version currently shows the deleted scenes, it may have been included in the EoE DVD as an extra feature though, as that seems most likely
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]Some of it is shown in Eva Death&Rebirth, but no, no english version currently shows the deleted scenes, it may have been included in the EoE DVD as an extra feature though, as that seems most likely [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Sadly, it was not. But it did come with some interesting commentary from the dubbers, it seemed like they tried very hard to make the dub very faithful to the original series... too bad I watched it with subtitles ^_^"

-Shy[/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
:) Sorry currently the only way to do that is to get an imported box set of the eva movie and series in Japanese. The company that put out the english dub has no plans of releasing a deleted scenes box set or alternative versions. ;)
Posted
What jerks they are...oh well, I have coencidently and sitting on the japanese version with the scenes, suprisingly it spruces up the serise more than it normaly is. It sorrta fills in the gaps. Plus more fan service.
BTW, I noticed that Evangelion is not a big topic arround here, this semes to be the only topic. i hate to make another seperate topic since this one has already been delt with, but what did you all think of the ending of Evangelion (the movie End of Evangelion, not the series)? What a downder.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by {SITH} Change [/i]
[B]What jerks they are...oh well, I have coencidently and sitting on the japanese version with the scenes, suprisingly it spruces up the serise more than it normaly is. It sorrta fills in the gaps. Plus more fan service.
BTW, I noticed that Evangelion is not a big topic arround here, this semes to be the only topic. i hate to make another seperate topic since this one has already been delt with, but what did you all think of the ending of Evangelion (the movie End of Evangelion, not the series)? What a downder. [/B][/QUOTE]
>.< Man, I wish I saw the deleted scenes...

Anyway, you'd be surprised how popular Evangelion is around here. I'm surprised that there isn't a seperate sub-forum, even though yes, we have very few topics. In any case, I was going to expect that the ending cleared up a few things, but it just made the whole thing more confusing. Bah, I probably didn't pay enough attention to it, what with the movie being subbed and all, and I'll be watching it thuroughly some time. Otherwise, I was glad that the movie actually had a plot, rather than Death and Rebirth which just summarized the confusing parts of the series, and started on the plot which is just completely re-shown in End of Evangelion. I really wish that Eva had stuck with what they were doing in the beginning of the series, instead of making it confusing and getting into such things as religion and God and whatnot.
Posted
What i've learned it that when Asuka says "how disgusting" to Shinji, a better translation is "this sucks." Darn translating people messed it up and made the ending way more confusing and sad than it already was.
Posted
Yeah, my mom knows Japanese fluently and she said the translations were horribly wrong. Haha! Srry, I'm kinda gonna get off track here, but on the news they showed translations in China that said wacky things like "No Walking" next to a crossroad and stuff.
Posted
Well i personally like the turn it takes as it goes along...it changes from a standard old mecha fare thing int othis grandiose out this world tale that is just fantastic. The End of Eva i thought was perfect. it was confusing interesting and gave few answers except for the few you make yourself...Just like the rest of the series :D
Posted
[color=indigo]I liked the whole grandiose, semi religious theme...actually "Death and Rebirth" was the first EVA "episode/movie" that I saw and it made me interested enough to get the whole series...(which is incredible)[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...