Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well i finally decided to get a x-box this sunday.Just for splinter cell but i wanted some info on the x-box.Ok first of all what is x-box live??Are x-box and x-box live the same system or do u have to buy hardware for the x-box??And what other games do you guys recomend i get??:D
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Well, Splinter Cell is very good, but you may be annoyed to find out that it is being released on PS2, PC and Gamecube. XBox Live is basically gaming onlnie. You recieve a headset and a years free subscription, but you need a broadband internet point somewhere is your house. To mind out more detailed information look [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18089]here[/URL] or [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13064]here[/URL]. I could recommend quite a few games for your new system, but you could always look [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18997]here[/URL] for lots of views from other Otaku members.

[center] Hope this has helped you! [/center][/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]I think it's expected soon, because many magazines are giving on videos or demos of the game for PS2.[/size][/color]
Posted
Well Splinter Cell is still in developement, but it should be complete and released some time in 2003. You shouldn't let this put you off getting an X-Box though! 1. Splinter Cell will most likely be better on the X-Box due to special effects, lighting effects, graphics and so on. 2. It's not like Splinter Cell is the only good game on the console and by the time Splinter Cell hits PS2 there will be many other good games heading towards the X-Box. Halo which is one of my favourites will not be coming on any other consoles, same with it's sequel (Halo 2) which will be released this year. I can't wait :excited:, you should search around and look at the other good games before you decide not to get an X-Box, but it's up to you. Look on sites, magazines or simply some other threads on Microsoft forum.

Hope I made your decision harder. :)
Grant :demon:
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Yeah, buying it for Splinter Cell alone is pointless. There are loads of games being released in the near future, that are Microsoft Exclusive. These are the games that you should purchase the console for, I'l edit if I think of any more; Halo/Halo 2, Perfect Dark 2, Metal Gear Solid : Substance. WWE Raw 2 is in the making, and that's meant to be good, if you're into the whole wrestling simulation breed of games. My opinion is that they are too repetitive *rambles off into pointless conversation*[/color][/size]
Posted
Yeah I don't think WWE Raw 2: Ruthless Aggression will be that good by the looks of things, but there are loads more. If you are interested in the X-Box still then say what genre of games you are into and I will tell you what games you may like that are either out or being released this year. :)
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Or, he could click [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18997]here[/URL] and see suggestions from yourself, myself and others! So Raw 2 has a name now? That sounds cool, but it probably won't live up to it's name. You should try and get an XBox, because they are worth it, but there are a lot of hypocrites out there wh osay they aren't worth it. In my perspective, they beat the other 2 competitors hands down.[/color][/size]
Posted
xbox, its a great system, but it is also greatly underrated. the system itself has more raw power than its two next-gen console competitors. the game library may not be as large as playstation 2's, but there are a slew of great tiles to be released this year. now, play your game, and enjoy your good decision. xbox live is a serious plus. add it to your console as soon as possible.D
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] Yeah, you are totally right. The Playstation 2's bigger game collection, there is a reason that, well around 2 of them. 2 years. Heh, but I guess as the Xbox ages, it's libary shall also grow.

*Off Topic* You might want to sort out your signature. you've got your url tags mixed with your img tags. Try this = [img]http://www.theotaku.com/vampirehunterd/pictures/bloodlust/image_004.jpg[/img ] (without the space), or [Url=http://www.theotaku.com/vampirehunterd/pictures/bloodlust/image_004.jpg][/url ] (without the space)[/color][/size]
Posted
heh. good advice. i got it fixed now, anyways, good luck in the field of games, if you have any questions about any console, or a specific game, please, feel free to ask me.D
Posted
Each console has different things that are good about it. I think the xbox is the fastest probably but the PS2 has good things about it but i cant really think what they are at this very moment hehehehe. The type of games on the xbox are pretty good although there are not many top titles. A few of the top titles are Splinter Cell, Halo, Morrowind etc. I think Raw 2 is better than the first one as that absolutley sucked hehehehe but i think you should maybe try and xbox first at like a mates or something to see what it is like if you havent already tried one.
Posted
Well i am now the proud owner of a x-box:) And i didnt know what i was missing out on!!!The x-box is tight i didnt even know that it had a hard disk and didnt need memory cards!!Thats tight and i got splinter cell and this game is off the hook i gotta say the graphicks are excellent!!So anybody wanna recomend another game i should check out??I am very happy with my x-box.:) All i need is a gamecube now then i wont have 2 worry about games coming out for diffrent systems.:D
Posted
Well I hope we all influenced you into getting one and I hope you enjoy it deeply! As for other games Halo is one heck of a good game and if you like FPS then this has got to be top of your list! If shooting/action is not what your looking for then tell me what genre your into. :)
Posted
You made a pretty good choice in getting an xbox as over time it should be a pretty good console as it is the fastest and its graphics are really good and Halo is a good FPS and Splinter Cell was a pretty good choice for a first game as it will keep you playing for hours trying to complete the missions stealthfully.
Posted
Well If you live in England Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance should be coming out in March time, but in America I think it may already be out. It will be really good game hopefully so you should definetely get it! Any other questions? :)
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] MGS:Substance looks like it could be a great game. It has alot of potential. I will be buying it when it is released. This is to be Xbox exclusive for a while I think, so another good reason that you bought the 'box' hey?[/color][/size]
Posted
I heard that apparently metal gear substance has around 200 missions but i wasnt too sure about that has anyone else heard about it i also want to get this game as it looks really cool and should be better then metal gear solid 2.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Yeh, I think it's around 200 missions, based on VR Missions, MGS2 and other things. I heard you can skate as Snake in it, as a promotion for Konami Sakteboarding, or something like that. Hmm, this thread is evolving into a MGS:Substance, oh well, I'm not a moderator, so I don't have a problem.[/color][/size]
Posted
Lol this could still count as info on the xbox as SSJ Gotenks ok did ask about whether there is any metal gear solids on the xbox and i heard about that you can skate as snake and saw a picture in a mag about it.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] I saw the pictures, lots of them in fact, but I then heard that it was one of Hideo Kojima's infamous 'cheeky teasers'. I don't know what to believe, guess I'll just wait until I get it. What's the offical release date for the game, in the U.K?[/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Yeh, I need a challenging game, and Special Missions lasted me into the Christmas holidays, when I got my Xbox. I hope this is a good game, otherwise I shall be mad. As I said before though, it has the potential to make a great game. A lot of publicity as well![/color][/size]
Posted
I've heard it comes out in March, but will probably get delayed to April. There are only 150 missions (maybe few more), 7 alternative characters, 5 snake tails and 2 unlockable bonus missions.

Hopefully alot better than Sons of Liberty and longer which it will be! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...