Jump to content
OtakuBoards

YIKES i am so nervious i am moving to a new school! HELP!


Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok right, I am moving to a new school in a little less than a week and i am so NERVIOUS! yikes! worst of all its in a different country! can this get any worse! HHHHHEEEELLLLPPP i really need it. do you have any tips or coments about what you find a usefull way to make new freinds and so on.
EEEEK i am soooooooo nervious.
*trembling*
:nervous: :(
EEk!
just think,
new teachers,
new mates,
new work,
new stuff,
and worst of all! new people!
*having panic attack*
plz help me.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, how old are you? The only thing you can really do is act yourself. If people don't like you, for you, then they aren't 'friend material'. Try to fit, but not the extend that your turn into a different person. Find a group or a person with the same interests as you, and you'll get introduced to loads of people. Most importantly, be positive and confident! That's what I did when I joined my senior school 3 years ago, and now I have a great bunch of friends now [/color][/size]
Posted
Where exactly are you moving to i can be hard moving to a different country as different countries do things differently but all you can do your best and try to make friends and if people dont wana be friends with you then thats just tight but after a while when you have been there it should get easier.
Posted
I think you'll make lot'sof riends, everyone always does.

But is the different country like, a different language speaking country?

Anyway, the first day you will be nervous as hell.. The rest of that wek you wqill still be self consdcious.. Bit son you will relax, and will make real friends. ^_^


BTW, teachers are the same everywhere. They're either good or bad.

Keep in touch with yer old friends too, you dont wanna lose them.
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]There's no need to be worried about it, Nim. ^_^
I've lived in Ten/Nine different cities in Five different countries now, and I've really liked each of them. ^_^
All of them are at least 100-3,280 miles separated, and it's actually been a great experiance.

Here's a few suggestions as you move in.

1) Don't try to make friends too quickly. There's no need to push making friends. ^_^
2) Don't be afraid to make new friends. People are usually very nice to newer people, and don't make fun of them like they do in movies and T.V. shows. :rolleyes:
3) Teachers will help you get adjusted as well. Who knows? You may end up top of the class. ^_-
4) A new house is actually harder to get adjusted to. But don't worry. You'll end up feeling right at home immediately.
5) Don't try to blend in too much with the other kids. Just be yourself, and they'll respect you for that.
6) Don't ever talk too much about where you're from. I know you'd really, really want someone to talk about this to, but as you're starting off, this isn't exactly the best way to start. Unless they ask you, of course. ^_^;

Anyway, I'm sure you'll fit in fine, Nim. ^_^[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=0099FF] [size=1]To adapt to a brand new place isn't that hard. Don't be changing yourself just because you want to fit in with the rest of the people there.

Juu's right... you shouldn't be making lots friends right after you get there because I think you should know them well enough before you start hanging out with them.

I am sure that you will like the new place because you are starting over and forget everything bad.

[/color][/size]
Posted
I am moving to america, it is my home country because my mom lives there, but resently i have been spending time with my dad and going to school in the UK. I have moved alot, and gone to tons of new schools, but i usually had a friend to back me up and start me off. But this time i dont really have one to do that. Well, i do have someone, but i dont think she is in the same class as me(by the way she is raquel.) I know i will probably fit in, but i am still really nervious, you know i have that gut feeling that everyone has when they go to a new school, its that feeling that says "they wont like you and everything will go wrong."
thnx for all your tips.
>.<
Posted
I would think it would be cool to move to a different place for a while and try out there school and the different cultures they have and what the people are like but i would find it hard if i moved somewhere with a different language.
Posted
I wish i could move from england its so dull here nothing really exciting happens i cant wait till im older so i can go out and explore the world its like my biggest dream to do that and i think if you get to try a new country out your pretty lucky and i wish i was.
Posted
hehe,
a word of warning, if you dont like rainy, drizzly, grey, cloudy days, I WOULDN'MOVE THERE!
hope that didnt put you off. *grins* its not all that bad, its just me making it out to be.

I have just like said goodbye to all my mates here. Aww, this sucks! Now i am not looking forward to going.
Posted
...*sigh*...dude, yeah it sucks moving, I just found out I'm moving to the middle of the freakin' desert (las vegas, nevada...it's not as fun as it sounds.) I suppose moving to a new country is harder...more long distance phone charges...oO my parents would kill me. Anyways, just play what your dealt or deal...
Posted
Well, once you get there and through that first week, you'l be fine.. You'll still be able to talk to people online and via phone, so I think you'll be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...