Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have just started reading this book in my english class and i have already read it before and seen the film but i think its an interesting book and i like the way that dr Jekyll i think he takes like a potion or something and then becomes the mutated person of Mr Hyde and its a very detailed story.
I was wondering if any of you have read it and what you think of it?
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]There is a movie? Our teacher told us there never was one? *am shocked* She probably just doesn't want me to beg for the T.V. again! I like the book, the descriptions are great, and the story plot is great, and was truly original at it's time. I find that many films have taken themes from this, i.e. Fight Club, [spoiler]When it turns out that they are both the same guy[/spoiler]. It is a great book, and I am quite eager to watch the plot unfold![/color][/size]
Posted
My english teacher said that there was a video with Julia Roberts in and she plays a maid and it is from her point of view and she tells the story which sounds pretty good. I wasnt really enjoying the book at the very beginning but now that the characters have become clear to me i am enjoying reading it.
  • 2 years later...
Posted
If you enjoy Jekyll and Hyde, try reading the picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Its fairly similar in terms of style and very enjoyable. However if you have trouble with 19th century english, don't even try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...