Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has any here read the manga Hikaru No Go? I've only read the first two volumes, but so far it's preety good. It's about this kid (I forget his name :D ) who becomes inhabited by the spirit of a former Go player and now he has to play the game to get the spirit to leave him. It's really good, so I was wondering if anyone has read the manga.





Oh yeah, does anyone know if this is also an anime series? I'm not very sure on the matter.
Posted
Yeah it's also an anime series too.It's been airing in Japan since October 2001.

I've seen some episodes and read alot of the manga.I liked it so much that I learned how to play and bought a Go board.

EDIT:His name is Hikaru
Posted
I love this manga*glances at sig*. It got me into go,......
istarted this topic about a month ago, no one replied.. :bawls:

Anyway, I do a lot of fanart for it.

I am in the middle of the 10th volume. EWveryone, I suggest you read this manga.

[strike]Download it at [url]http://www.toriyamaworld.com/hikago/[/url] because it is so good...[/strike]

EDIT: HeeHee. I'm home sick today, and I'm reading HNG like it's nothing! I'm at the beginning of book 12 now!! Woohoo!

I can't wait to buy the anime series!!

Anyway, I now realize this is my favorite manga of ALL TIME. Yuppers, it topped Akira, and CCS(my first manga, for those who don't know)!!!

[COLOR=royalblue][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=4]SO GO READ IT![/SIZE] [/FONT] [/COLOR]
Posted
I would, but I have no scanner. I've only gotten a chance to post one drawing on the boards, and that wasn't HNG.. Gaah...

If I get a chance, I'll use a friend's scanner or something!!!

Anyway, I'm on the beginning of Vol. 13!! GAAH!!!! ONLY 4 BOOKS LEFT!!!! Well, that are translated.. :bawl:

Anyway, there's a huge HNG Web Ring, there're some good sites..

Hey, Mztik_Gohan10, we should play Go online sometime, but I don't have the right requirements to get online play... ^_^

I don't onwn a Goban, I just play on my computer.... *shrugs*
Posted
I've only seen the first episode, but I really like it so far. I'd definitely like to see more. XD And learn how to play Go.
Posted
Whee! The first episode??? It get's waaayyy better later on.. very exciting.

But downloading the manga is illegal, [strike]though you can find the manga at [url]http://www.toriyamaworld.com/hikago[/url][/strike]

Also, here's the fanart. I know it's bad, and the picture is cutoff, and it scanned diagonally.. I know I know.. But you asked for it..


[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=343998[/img]
Posted
Go to [url]http://www.usgo.org[/url] i think it is, and there's a place that says learn go..
Or you could find a .local go salon. there's locaters at that site or something like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...