Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Megaman X7


Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, in case you have not heard this [b]very[/b] old news Megaman X7 is on it's way. It will be the first 3D Megaman [i]X[/i] title. The graphics are (everybody does this now) cel-shaded. Megaman X7 is also the first Megaman game on a next-generation system. It will continue the side-scrolling tradition. [b]But[/b] on IGN it says 2D and 3D gameplay. Another thing I noticed in the articles I have been reading is, a new auto-lock feature will be enabled. There have also been rumors about a new character, but I have not been able to find much more than that. The target release date is this September. Here are some screens, thanks to IGN.

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/megamanx7_011503_1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/megamanx7_011503_2.jpg[/img]


Arg. My IGN for the day has ran out. I'll edit it later.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I dont know if it just me, but from those pictures, it doesnt look cel shaded >_<;
But either way,I have high hopes for this game, because I was a fan of the previous titles. [/color]
Posted
^_^ I wouldn't say he looks [b]awful[/b] Semjaza, but he does look a little on the bad side. Nothing horrible, but nothing spectacular either. From what I have seen this game is going to be awesome. Anyway, here are some Megaman shots.

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/megamanx7_011503_6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/megamanx7_011503_5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/megamanx7_011503_4.jpg[/img]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i]
[B]^_^ I wouldn't say he looks [b]awful[/b] Semjaza, but he does look a little on the bad side.[/B][/QUOTE]

I would say he does judging from those screens. :drunk:

I'm happy that the side scrolling elements are being retained. I can look past how dreadful Megaman looks and how boring the backdrops appear to be thus far if Capcom injects the game with super tough white knuckle difficulty and fresh game play.

The franchise has been sorely lacking originality lately. As a fan of the first two Megaman X titles, I hope that some credibility is restored to the Megaman name.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taikaru [/i]
[B]Looks like the first X to me...what a waste. [/B][/QUOTE]

How does it look like the first Megaman X? lol

That game was a sprite-based sidescroller developed for a 16-bit system. The graphics in X7 are moderately dull from what I've seen, but they aren't [i]that[/i] bad. :rolleyes:
Posted
When I saw the IGN video, I noticed that the graphics indeed looked much better in motion (read: Zelda). However, I hated their running animations...
I'm still eager to learn how does the 2D/3D gameplay works, since I've seen stuff that's only possible one way or the other.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...