OtakuBoards

Pushed Forums

Thing296

This is the main ploblem of forums:the older threads are always driven off the first page to the last place and then when people never check behind,they simply create new threads that are related to old ones and they keep on making new threads that are related to the ones' that are created already and they are either on the second,third,fouth and on and on and on.Then they are send a warning or closing of that thread with the links of the old ones.

I once encounter this,I create a new thread About DB quotes and eventually a mod told me there is a thread already and I only saw the first list of threads!THeo ld one is properly on secod onwards and it does not have new replies anymore.

And the patern goes like this or am I wrong?

1.A thread created
2.More threads created and that thread moves to the last page
3.Newly related threads are created
4.Mods tell the the links to the exising threads when they check to see if anyone replied
5.thread close
6.more realated threads
7.Banned

all because of people never checking the back and it is soooooooo!:mad: :angry2:

Anyone has souloutions?

[color=#808080]It's pretty simple, really. All you have to do is check if the thread is repeated on the [b]first page[/b]. If you don't see it on the first page...then you can go ahead and create it.

Of course, it's more of a case-by-case basis. If we've had lots of threads about one subject in the past, we may close the new thread. But generally, we'll allow it to remain if there hasn't been a similar one in a little while. This is because we get new members who may not have seen the older threads anyway (much less participated in 'em).

Generally, a Moderator [i]will[/i] link you to an existing thread if he/she thinks it appropriate. You won't be banned for making a thread that is repetitive; but you will be banned if you make something similar over and over again on one page. So it's mostly a common sense issue.[/color]