slasher Posted February 14, 2003 Posted February 14, 2003 Okay, now how do I makea boss battle you when you talk to him, then when you beat him he dissapears, and how do I make an obstacle go away when I step on a event?
The Vampire: Ed Posted February 16, 2003 Posted February 16, 2003 Your best bet would be to check out the FAQs over at GameFAQs. Even the simplest things would have to be explained in great detail to get it right. RPG Maker is a complicated, and time consuming 'game.' Most people just don't have the patience to mess with it, and that is why I got rid of my copy. I could easily figure out how to use it if I put enough effort into it, but I didn't have the patience. Which also means that most people would have the patience to explain it either, unless of course you are at a message board designed specially for the game or you just look it up in a Guide of some sort.
NeoCactuar Posted February 17, 2003 Posted February 17, 2003 Does this really belong in this forum? I think it belongs in the PC/Mac forum as this is a PC program, not sony. I just think you might find more help there. :)
Semjaza Posted February 17, 2003 Posted February 17, 2003 There is also a Playstation version of it, which is most likely the one he has.
DeathKnight Posted February 17, 2003 Posted February 17, 2003 [color=crimson]Indeed. Which one do you have? I might have to move it back for you, slasher.[/color]
jitoya Posted February 17, 2003 Posted February 17, 2003 Well talking from the pc one you just have to use new pages in events (to make things go away) which don't have any commands name it and set "change switch" on the last page and set the name to what ever you set the next page to (with the change switch command) And with a boss battle use the data base go to monster party and just select your boss and set the events on the event window (like you do when ever you want one of your guys to talk And where did you get one for the playstation?
NeoCactuar Posted February 18, 2003 Posted February 18, 2003 Whoa, diddn't know there was a Playstation one. I must look into that, i allways did like RPG maker.
vaporjolt Posted February 19, 2003 Posted February 19, 2003 Yeah, there's an RPG Maker for Playstation. RPG Maker 2 is supposed to be coming out this year for Playstation 2. I have RPG Maker. You need to use [b]switches[/b] to prevent an event from occuring again. For example, set it up like this: . Message: "I'm gonna kill you." (or whatever) . Battle: Condition: fight until over . Message: (whatever) . Switch # (whatever number you choose, I'll say 1) 1 ON Then set the page condition to Switch #1 OFF. The events on this page will never occur again because Switch #1 will always be on (unless you manually turn it off again in a later event), and the criteria that must be met for this page to activate is that Switch #1 is not turned on. If that didn't make sense, try gamefaqs for in-depth info.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now