Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
LMAO! He Da Man! But he hasn't got an antena...:(, but he still kicks a*s! Well done ^_^, i like him *wishes he had one* *sigh*.[SIZE=3]::EDIT::[/SIZE]
Well, i was bored and decided to take my hand ar CGing, this is my first CG, so dont be too harsh ^_^...
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=360973[/IMG]
Posted
OOOoooOOOoo! Heh, not too shabby at all for a first CG. You've got a good eye for colors that work together.

My only whine is the coloring outside the lines syndrome. But fixing that just comes with lots of practice. Maybe darken the outline a little.

Do you work with PhotoShop?
Posted
Yes i do Ginny, i just used the paint tool, and gradient....and my eyes, Heh. Yeah, i was getting tired and had to go out, and i was gonna do some touch ups, so ya...Do you use Photoshop, because i know you are GREAT at CGing, much like many other on OB.
Posted
All I really want to say is that the Magic Wand is PERFECT in eliminating "coloring outside the lines" (cotl) syndrome. Unless that is the look one wants. :bluesweat

Generally, what I like to do is take my scanned b/w outline drawing, then press Ctrl+L. That'll bring up the Levels window. Adjust as needed to make your lines uniformly as dark as you want.

Then use the color selector (eyedropped the lines' color), and under the Select menu, pick "Select Color Range". Another window brings you a view of what gets selected. I like to select that and copy the lines to a new file.

From here, you can select certain areas of the image with the Magic Wand. While still selected, I tend to go to Select-->Modify-->Expand, with a pixel level of 1. This will make your selection areas just large enough to "fit" under your outlines, and eliminate any white aliasing you may get.

Keep the area selected! Not only can you fill in with Paint Bucket here, you can also paint in your shadows, and again, no cotl syndrome.

My secrets...revealed. Sigh.

Heh. I'm done. *hops down and goes to make art*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]All I really want to say is that the Magic Wand is PERFECT in eliminating "coloring outside the lines" (cotl) syndrome. Unless that is the look one wants. :bluesweat

Generally, what I like to do is take my scanned b/w outline drawing, then press Ctrl+L. That'll bring up the Levels window. Adjust as needed to make your lines uniformly as dark as you want.

Then use the color selector (eyedropped the lines' color), and under the Select menu, pick "Select Color Range". Another window brings you a view of what gets selected. I like to select that and copy the lines to a new file.

From here, you can select certain areas of the image with the Magic Wand. While still selected, I tend to go to Select-->Modify-->Expand, with a pixel level of 1. This will make your selection areas just large enough to "fit" under your outlines, and eliminate any white aliasing you may get.

Keep the area selected! Not only can you fill in with Paint Bucket here, you can also paint in your shadows, and again, no cotl syndrome.

My secrets...revealed. Sigh.

Heh. I'm done. *hops down and goes to make art* [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=003399]After reading that, and seeing what Shinneh could do on his first try, it really makes me want to pick up PhotoShop sometime and try it out.... (I have it upstairs, i'm just lazy i guess o_O)

SPX, thats awesome. You should do a bunch of them for OB members ;)[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]"lilpicobyte style"? I'm flattered. *isn't sure if she should be or not, but is, just the same*

I love it. I really do. What's 'is name?

[Aren't they fun?]

*has been inspired to go draw the rest of her Maccies*

This could turn into quite the vicious cycle. o0[/size]
Posted
*blinks slowly* You know, I was waiting for Sara to see this thread. And now...
*blinks again, quite slowly* A new trend.
*blinks eeeeever so slowly*

...but I'm a WinPCer!

:rolleyes:
Posted
[I][QUOTE]SPX, thats awesome. You should do a bunch of them for OB members[/QUOTE][/I]
Oooo.. Yes that would be fun!^^

Thanks everyone, I didn't know so many people would reply.:excited:

[I] [QUOTE][Aren't they fun?][/QUOTE] [/I]
Yes! Its so fun drawin the simple lil dude.

Nice job on that first cg Shinobs.;)
Posted
Ish soooo cute, SPX! ^_^ He looks a little grungy, but he's my style of drawing! ^_^ *huggles the little dude* I wanna hug him and keep him forever in my closet! (ok, inside joke there.)

However, is the little picobyte dudes just limited to [I]dudes[/I]? Could you have a dudette? 'Cause I think that would just be so cute! ^_^

--Sere

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...