gouf Posted March 3, 2003 Posted March 3, 2003 how many pepole have actual won a tourment. The offical stuff not like a cheap tourment. Me iv'e played in 4 or 5 and havn't one any
Kinetic Posted March 3, 2003 Posted March 3, 2003 [color=darkblue] I've gotten close to winning tournaments, and my friend has gotten 2nd place. I could've joined and probably won some days, but I just don't feel like paying. I'd rather just show up and duel everybody, even though I don't get the prizes. [/color]
Hyper Posted March 3, 2003 Posted March 3, 2003 I never get close. :( I know most of the people who compete, but since the match-ups are done by alphabetical order, I'm always stuck against the same person. Unfortunatly for me, that perosn has to be Edward Chan, Western United Sates Champion. *Envies him* lol. [This is a true story, BTW]
Guest Kaizer_Boy Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i] [B]how many pepole have actual won a tourment. The offical stuff not like a cheap tourment. Me iv'e played in 4 or 5 and havn't one any [/B][/QUOTE] Well, i've won quite a few tornaments including ones against 35 year-old adults. Beat that. Ha
Hyper Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 You know, I really doubt that. If that deck you posted [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21688]here[/url] was the one you used, you would've been disqualified, if it was a real tournament.
Guest Kaizer_Boy Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 Hey, are you calling me a lier!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solo Tremaine Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 No, he wasn't. He said he doubted it, because a lot of the cards you have in your deck are Japanese cards, and as such aren't allowed in official tournaments. You could have had friendly tournaments with your friends and won, but you didn't specify. Although it does seem unlikely that 35-year olds play Yu-Gi-Oh. You never know, though.
Guest Kaizer_Boy Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 Hmph. Mods think they know all and see all. It was certain that he said I was lying. I hope you know that for 17 year old
Solo Tremaine Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 No, I don't think I know all and/or see all. In fact, I've admitted that there are things I don't know several times. My job here is to enforce the [URL=http://www.theotaku.com/rules.shtml]Rules[/URL], which I would suggest you read before posting again. If you have a problem with me, take it up with my via PM- don't clutter the threads up with spam. Anyway, as per the topic: I'd love to be in a tournament, but it's unlikely we'd ever get one in the UK this side of the millennium, so I guess I have to make do with duelling Nexus.
Xra Posted March 9, 2003 Posted March 9, 2003 Tourny's eh? I've competed in 2 and lost in the first match of both. :( I really need to work on my deck and the one on the rate my deck thread is basicly all i could do with it. I've got the cards, but not the skill. Back on topic, I may lose the tournys, but they're awsom if you need some good cards. A person offered me tons of ultra, secret, and 3 blue eyes cards for my shonen jump blue eyes. I turned it down because im a nice guy and he was being retarded. 10 for 1 is crazy. Back again on topic, I don't really like the tourny packs. Yes try to understand, but you will always fail...
gouf Posted March 10, 2003 Author Posted March 10, 2003 I just got back from a tourny and i saw some pepole i meet at a league they thought they were good enough to be in the tourment and when they lost so badly i thought these kids were gonna cry. I lose every tourment and i go every time and i always have gooten a good card out of the tourment packs, execpt my second tourmnet.
Guest Altron Gundam Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaizer_Boy [/i] [B]Hmph. Mods think they know all and see all. It was certain that he said I was lying. I hope you know that for 17 year old [/B][/QUOTE] What about a 17 year old? Making one up and trying to pretend that you're mature than you really are? Pshhh..pathetic. What are you really, like 5? Because that's what your attitude, maturity, and content of your posts puts you to be. Oh, HyperShadow may not call you a liar, BUT, I sure as hell AM. If the deck you posted is the one you played with, you would've been DISQUALIFIED on the spot, even in a JP tournament. You know why, because the cards [b]YOU MADEUP[/b] don't freakin exist. God dang...
Hyper Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaizer_Boy [/i] [B]. It was certain that he said I was lying.[/B][/QUOTE] Cetain, eh? I never call peope liars. (That often anyways) But I do have serious doubts. Like Solo said, you didn't specify whether it was a friendly tournament or not. But I didn't call you a liar. 35-year olds do play Yu-gi-Oh!. I've seeen 7-year olds beat them too. That's a fact. But whether or not you actually competed in a real tournament with 35-year olds is a different story.
gouf Posted March 10, 2003 Author Posted March 10, 2003 iv'e seen 56 year old pepole play Yu-Gi-Oh and they play pokemon. Any one can play
Dragon Fou Lu Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 there's a tourny in about a month's time but i'm not entering. i like dueling ,but i'd be happier to duel friends rather than complete strangers :)
Hyper Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 Ah, but the idea is that at tournies you can make new friends. I kinda did...at least I was acknowledged. Most of the tournament people aren't total lunatics. (A few of them are, luckily I don't go up against them)
Xra Posted March 10, 2003 Posted March 10, 2003 Hypershadow, I forgot about friendship(so much of a friend I am). That is a big part of tournys, or even regular duels. Make new friends by beating them to a pulp was one of the biggest reasons for yugioh dueling:laugh:.
Posthumous Posted March 12, 2003 Posted March 12, 2003 [color=teal][size=1][b]I've been to a couple tourney's.Came close to winning though.You wanna know how I was beaten?He played Ancient Telescope and looked at my cards.I saw his eyes wide and said.. hm... must be a good card.Then he put's it back.Then he "sneezes" and "acciedentaly" knocks my deck over so I have to re-shuffle.Then I lost there on.[/b][/size][/color]
Xra Posted March 12, 2003 Posted March 12, 2003 ya think they could open more, local, stores that held tournys so i dont have to beg my parents to take me*i sound like a little kid*? Just to open a new talk on tournys... [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]I've just been editing a few posts. Let's keep it wholly on-topic from now on, please. -Solo[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Guest God of Death Posted April 1, 2003 Posted April 1, 2003 i have been to 6 tournies and won them all but they were at my local card shop so if thats something if not oh well
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now