Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I think you should do what your heart tells you. Or what you think is the best decision. I really think that even though your friends may not be there physically they will always be with you. Also I'm sure that if they are true friends that you will pick up right where you guys left off.
Posted
Go. There is an oppurtunity lying in your hands. Like James said, chances are you won't stay there forever, you'll evantually come back. And if you don't, and if you can't come down, and they want to see you badly, have them come down.

You can go, and come back every other weekened. On that weekened you can spend the night, then go home Sunday, and spend that weekened with your friends. If anything that would help. Just a visit can bring friends back.

If your not out of state it's not bad, but if you are, you might have to come home every month. Visiting isn't bad at all. You can write and tell them, and come back. Or you can do that, and all of your vacations, come back home, and spend it there. If your friends don't support this make a deal with them.
Posted
I think you should absolutely go to school. Most of those friends probably won't be around for the rest of your life, but your education will. If it's THAT big of an opportunity, you should go to the school.
Posted
[color=indigo]Go away to school...I moved from DC to NC when I was 14, and I still hang out with my childhood friends quite frequently, they are still my best friend;I think, no matter what, I'm still Charlie from the block. True friends stick with you longer then stupid songs :p[/color]
Posted
What you have here is an opportunity to go to the school you have dreamed about and friends who are being very selfish, considering they know how much going to this school means to you.
I strongly suggest you go to that school. This would be a great educational opportunity for you. There are other means of keeping in contact with your friends and there's always weekend and holiday visits. If they were true friends, they would be happy for you right now instead of trying to hold you back
Posted
Ultimately, you have to make whatever decision will benefit you down the road. Excellent opportunities don't present themselves all the time, and you only get so many. Attending a school you normally wouldn't have the opportunity to attend sounds like a blessing, to me. It could really open up some great paths for you down the road.

Your friends will come to considerable crossroads in their lives. Most inner circles rarely attend the same college. As people grow older, they grow apart professionally.

Judging by your post, you'll still be able to visit. It won't be good-bye. If they're your true friends, they'll understand that you aren't distancing yourself from them for personal reasons. You're just doing what's best for you.
Posted
thanx for all of your comments you guys. it really helps.

i think i have decided to go to the school. i hope my friends will respect my decision. i will probably tell them this weekend.

thank you again for your advice.:toothy:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...