Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This has probably been requested for already, but I think there should be a gaming forum. You can put all multi-format game's threads in there and when you have specific questions or arguable cases based on all consoles it can be put in there also. Many people may want to talk about the Dreamcast so this could be the place. Also other consoles in the making not made by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, which there are a few. I think this could be a very good idea for the boards and I will sure be visiting it alot. :)

Sorry as this have probably already been rejected ... :demon:
Guest cloricus
Posted
I wouldn't support this, because that would dissolve the PC/MAC forum. Which apart from anime news it is the only fun thing to do one here for the tech ppls.

But I could agree with a cross platform forum which had sub forums for the three major brands. As long as the PC/MAC forum didn't move. :P

Eps - I'm an otaku... All I got was a title. CWB got a shirt. What a rip.
Posted
I don't want to touch the other forums I just think there should be an extra one for my stated reasons. Some threads would move in there, but I doubt any from the PC/Mac forum. Just like the Anime Lounge, but for games.
Posted
[color=#808080]There really isn't any chance of a forum like this at the current time.

In recent history, we've had forums for Mario/GTA etc. But these forums really took discussion away from the main gaming forums. And as such, everything was all spread out and not very focused.

Our gaming community just isn't large enough to foster that kind of forum. I mean, I'd like to discuss Dreamcast too...but can you imagine how few people on here would actually discuss Dreamcast on a regular basis? It'd be like having a forum for Neo Geo Pocket Color or something...it just wouldn't work.

So, for the time being, I'm afraid there isn't much I can do. We've made some changes to make things more streamlined (by merging the GTA/Mario forums back into their respective parent forums and by combining Square and Enix, as appropriate) and those changes are there to really focus the discussion in one place.

If things change in the future (ie: more gaming members), then I'll certainly consider adding more major game forums. But right now it's just not on the cards.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...