Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
:cross: Well I have been looking at other otaku message boards and I noticed that they had a web advertising and web hosting forums. I was wondering if we could have one to advertise our sites or to exchange information to make them better.
Posted
[size=1][color=blue] Just advertise it in your signature, most of us have had/do have websites, and that's where we advertise them there. I don't think I'd be too happy to see an advertising forum here :) [/size][/color]
Posted
there's no point...

It's like having a forum for saying the word "the"... I mean... how ridiculous is that? The object of this forum isn't to try to get peopel to your site, but to try and have some type of intellectual discussion about issues of the varied ideals.
Posted
There's a WWW link under all of our posts, plus most of us usually advertise them in out signatures (which pretty much means you're advertising your site with every post you make).
Posted
[color=#808080]I can only reiterate what's already been said.

There are many reasons why we don't allow direct advertising/affiliations. You'll find that this isn't unique to OB; theOtaku.com and all of its sites have the same policy.

As has been said, you can use your signature to advertise. And really, that should be more than enough; considering that your signature is seen [i]wherever[/i] you post. Plus, we've already removed banners from our site (at a financial burden to ourselves) because we want people to have a comfortable experience when posting. They shouldn't have to watch ads.

Of course, I know what you're saying; it'd be a forum that people wouldn't have to visit. I can definitely see the benefits in that. But really, we choose not to have that sort of setup here. I think that it's enough to advertise in signatures for the time being.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...