Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I didn't quite know were to ask this, but this seems like the most appropriate place.

In about 26 days I will be attending my first convention (Otafest, Calgary) and I was hoping to participate in the cosplay event. But, I don't know who I should go as. I was going to go as Kenshin, but I'm not very good at sewing and couldn't think of a good skit a I could do alone.

I need a costume that would be easy to get/make (I can sew a little) and that would be recodnized, so nothing like one of the G-Wing boys (People wouldn't think I was cosplaying if I went a Heero Yui, they'd think I was insane for dressing like that if it got cold).
I'm a male, tall, a little on the skinny side, and I can do a lot with my hair.

Any help, no matter how little, would be greatly appreciated.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hmm... you could post a picture of yourself in the piccy forum so we can help you out a little more. ^_^

I'm going to my second Anime Convention this July, (Anime Expo), and I decided to be Tifa, since it's pretty simple finding a black mini skirt, gloves, and shirt. I don't really know where I can find the fabric to make an Athena costume, and my last one I made in Korea, with alot of help from my aunt, who's awesome at sowing.

This is only my third time actually cosplaying, and the only reason I do, is because it's fun dressing up. :whoops:[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Yes, but Vash has a very elaborate costume that would take very good skill to sew unless you just happened to know where to get such a neat red trenchcoat.

I have no suggestion...because everyone I thought of, if you wanted to be distinguished, would have to MAKE a costume. Unless you were a girl. Then I'm sure you could easily pull off a schoolgirl uniform, no problem. :D[/color][/size]
Posted
Okay... then tri Nicky D. Wolfwood also from trigun... his costume isnt as elaborate and all u need is a giant cross(not hard to find right? =P)
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]A giant cross that contains an arsenal of weapons. Heh, of course that's not hard to find. :p

Of course, his costume is simple enough, like you say.[/color][/size]
Posted
I was about to mention Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop. But the suit might be a problem...
If I ever do get to go to a convention, I am planning on going as Keiko. If I [i]ever[/i] was to go as Yusuke, then I'd have to find [i]something[/i] to do with my hair...
Hey! That's it!
You can go as Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho.
If you don't know what he looks like, I have [i]tons[/i] of pictures.
His hair is easy: just gel it back-gangster style
Clothes: If you can't get the green uniform, a white t-shirt, converse sneakers, tight blue jeans, and a leather jacket should do.
Posted
Yea Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho is a good idea -_-. The funnist cosplay I've seen so far is when a fat, ugly guy was wearing a plug suit from evangelion... i thought it was desecrating the anime, but when i thought about it later, it was hilarious.
Posted
You can try Rurouni Kenshin's Saitou... He's tall and skinny, and all you need is his oficer uniform, and a sword, and a straight short hair... dark blue hair... and his clothes are blue...
Or try Sanosuke, from Rurouni Kenshin also... All he wears is his white jacket with the kanji for "Evil" on his back, and bandages on his body and hands and legs... oh, and of course, he's tall, slim and has a spikey dark brown hair
Posted
Hey, thanks for the help. I'm still not quite sure what to do, but these are some really good ideas you've given me, and I think I can pull some off. Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...