Guest dr.septagon Posted May 3, 2003 Posted May 3, 2003 Which is the best magazine for hip-hop culture and has the most descent, honest and truthful reviews? Which is a sellout? What do you think of The Source? What do you think of BET and MTC Base?
Manic Webb Posted May 3, 2003 Posted May 3, 2003 I used to read hip-hop magazines, but then I got tired of being bombarded with endless advertisements. The last time I picked up a Source magazine, there were at least half a dozen advertisements [i]before[/i] I reached the table of contents. BET the TV network? I think it has its moments. I, for one, am glad they got rid of Cita's world. There are plenty of non-black people who watch Black Entertainment Television, and the last thing we need is bad representation from a stereotypical CGI ghetto girl. I don't know anybody as crazy as Cita. The only decent thing on BET is the news and maybe a handful of music videos. Oh, and that poetry show. I forgot the name of it and when it comes on. --EDIT-- Adding more to my post.
Semjaza Posted May 3, 2003 Posted May 3, 2003 I admit I don't watch BET much... But it seemed like every single time I put the channel on, Cita's World was playing. I don't know what made them think that was a remotely good looking computer rendered character. Bleh. BET always seems like it plays a lot of those blacksploitation style films, which I always thought was really strange. I'll skip the other questions, because I have no clue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now