OtakuBoards

Hip-Hop magazines

Guest dr.septagon

Which one is better?  

1. 1. Which one is better?

• The Source
    • XXL

Guest dr.septagon
Which is the best magazine for hip-hop culture and has the most descent, honest and truthful reviews?
Which is a sellout?
What do you think of The Source?
What do you think of BET and MTC Base?

I used to read hip-hop magazines, but then I got tired of being bombarded with endless advertisements. The last time I picked up a Source magazine, there were at least half a dozen advertisements [i]before[/i] I reached the table of contents.

BET the TV network? I think it has its moments. I, for one, am glad they got rid of Cita's world. There are plenty of non-black people who watch Black Entertainment Television, and the last thing we need is bad representation from a stereotypical CGI ghetto girl. I don't know anybody as crazy as Cita.
The only decent thing on BET is the news and maybe a handful of music videos. Oh, and that poetry show. I forgot the name of it and when it comes on.

--EDIT--
Adding more to my post.

I admit I don't watch BET much... But it seemed like every single time I put the channel on, Cita's World was playing. I don't know what made them think that was a remotely good looking computer rendered character. Bleh.

BET always seems like it plays a lot of those blacksploitation style films, which I always thought was really strange.

I'll skip the other questions, because I have no clue.