OtakuBoards

Banning...

Epitome

Ummm, question...When you ban a person say for spamming, couldnt they easily come back but with a different name. I mean they could do that like 10 times and keep spamming and spamming and spamming. Couldnt they?

If you sign up on any forum, they know your IP. vB itself will give it up easily to those in charge of the boards. It's not that hard to deal with mass spammers and people that return because of it... Sometimes you just have to figure out if an IP ban is truly worth it though, most of the time it isn't.

[size=1]It doesn't really matter. Once you're banned, you're supposed to stay banned.

But, yes..IP bans are generally used when it's clear that some intends to return and continue to cause problems.

(I think? Things haven't changed that much in nine months, have they?)[/size]

[color=f00f0]What disturbs me is what reasoning you have behind asking this question. O_o;;

IP bans would be used on those who keep creating new accounts deliberately so they can spam the boards. vB software allows for the administrator to do this.

I think all the questions in this thread have been answered, and in the future PM a moderator with questions such as this.[/color]