Shinken Posted May 21, 2003 Posted May 21, 2003 I was just curious, do the members of OtakuBoards like Haiku or Other forms of Poetry? And why? I prefer Haiku, as it is easier for me to express what I feel in a few simple lines than to try and drag it out over a series of lines. Hitokiri Battosai
Failed_Attempts Posted May 23, 2003 Posted May 23, 2003 I don't particularly care for Haiku. I usually can't write any sort of Haiku at all. I only like them when they're extremely well written, otherwise; they're just not good. I like other forms of poetry, often ones with no rhyme(Sp?). If they do perhaps rhyme, it'd better be good. *thinks she shall post one of her poems*
Vertigo Posted May 23, 2003 Posted May 23, 2003 For expressing feelings, poems are much easier for me. But for doing little sentimental/quick things, haikus are better for me to try.
Shinken Posted May 24, 2003 Author Posted May 24, 2003 If you're looking for a good haiku, read my post "More Haiku from the Wandering Samurai". What? There's absolutely nothing wrong with shameless self-advancement and the loss of inhibition. :bluesweat:
Mitch Posted May 24, 2003 Posted May 24, 2003 [size=1][font=century gothic][color=gray] I pretty much loathe Haikus. They are too short for my liking, and they just aren't something I'm good with. I suppose if I did take enough time to get used to them and actually give them a shot I could get good. But I much more prefer free form. It's how I've almost always written poetry and it's how I continue to. As for blank verse..it's actually good too. It's just hard for me. I always usually either mess up and make it too long, or I just can't get the words down as right as I would want. But one day I'll get more into blank verse because I do believe it isn't a too bad way to write poetry. The thing is it just doesn't work for me to this point. I can get the words down and sometimes get the length right..but I just don't have enough of it cemented and eased. Especially not as much as just doing free form.[/size][/font][/color]
Sara Posted May 25, 2003 Posted May 25, 2003 [size=1]I think it's a good idea to try and follow the rules of other kinds of poetry once in a while. Heh, right now I'm on a stint where I write almost nothing but limericks. Funny, quirky little verses. I find myself talking in them, too, without trying. Great fun. My friends've decided I've finally snapped. I don't mind haiku, but they always seem a little pompous to me. I've read/written (but I guess mine don't count) a few that are more casual, and they just sit better with me. [/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now