Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm writign an essay right now in the hope to qualify for a place in a Foreign Exchange trip called "Friends Forever". It's a program which runs between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland and the United States.
It mostly consists of sports activities and pairing up with new people for certain tasks.
I was wonderign if any people here who are in America know anything about this program and if it happens in you area. It would be really great to meet a fellow Otaku Fan!!!
Posted
Yeah, I've heard of it. I always wanted to participate...just to go to a foreign country for a while and such. However, my gardes have never been good enough.

That, and I'm not exactly how the whole system works. *shrug*

-Justin
Posted
Hehe, you from New England then? Well, ya never know, if your school is linked with the program, maybe I'll see ya if I get to go. I'm not sure if it involved us spending a few days in a school there or not. If so, might see ya there! ^_^
Guest visser 3
Posted
I'll look into it because i live in the U.S and i havent heard a thing about it yet. So i'll look it up and see what happens
Posted
Hmm, I've never heard it. I live in America, but, I haven't heard anything about it at all. I'm sure if I did, I wouldn't be able to participate at all. Stupid grades. ~_~; Ah well, I hope you get in!
Guest visser 3
Posted
Well it happens to the best of us. My grades also stink.
Posted
I've always felt that FEP's are a very bad idea.

You get a person from one culture and plop them in the middle of a completely different one.

They may not speak english very well or they may do things differently.

They will be ridiculed for it.

A very bad idea, in my opinion.
Posted
I never heard of the program and I live in America too. However if the program was in my school, I`ll be able to go because my grades are excellent. I am like an A student.

I wouldn`t go though because I would have to take a plane and I hate airplanes.>_<
Posted
Hehe Ditto Ryoko, I'm a teacher's pet! Especially my IT teacher... I am a computer geek ^_^ YAY GEEKS!
Planes rock so much hehehehe.
Anyway, I sorta see what you mean Rose. I'm kinda nervous in case I don't fit in, but I'll never know unless I try! Besides, I can't be any more of a misfit there than I am at my own school so I'm pretty happy about it. ^_^ YAY Inter-School Vacation! *dances around randomly.*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...