OtakuBoards

HTML help needed: Frames?...

PiroMunkie

[SIZE=1]M'kay, this is for all you HTML wiz people out there that know frames like the back of the hand or something like that. I know how to set them up, but, I'm having trouble getting a link in one frame to act in another. You know what I mean? If someone could be so kind as to post the code, or PM me the code or w/e needed for it to work I would greatly appreciate it! :)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]M'kay.. could you possibly show me exact wat it's supposed to look? I know the or w/e thing.. but I'm not sure where it's supposed to go. And with the names, would the names be, for example, if one from was www.yoursite.com/frame.html, would the name for that frame be "frame"? That's another thing that confuses me..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Hrmm... Ok, right now I just need a sample of what you people are talking about. Cause I can't comprehand what you're saying without being able to see what your talking about at the same time. So if I was asking how to create a link..

text

That's all I need, cept for linking frames :smirk:[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by masterfork [/i]
[B]Alright, after you've given your frame a name.. should look something like the following

now if you're trying to link from let's say a navigation frame, it would look like the following:
Main

[edit]heh you beat me to it, =] [/edit] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]AHA!! I see, the tutorials I've read never showed or said anything about the part of the code! Now to see if it works! *crosses fingers*[/SIZE]

ummm... this is how i do it and its really easy:

step 1)on the main page name the section u want the link to show up in as sumthing like "main". i forget where u put that in, but sumone already covered that.
step 2)on the sidebar (or whereever ur linking frum) do this:
Text
The text target="main" is what makes it so that itll show up in that frame, depending which frame u name "main" (whoa, that ryhmes). for another way of explaining linking frum frame to frame, go here: [url]http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/96/36/index2a.html?tw=authoring[/url]

[SIZE=1]Heh, two frames is enough for me thank you very much! lol.. but ya, now ill be able to resume builind my cheapy little angelfire site. It's DBZ related, and then focuses on the Saiya-jins of the anime :D right now I'm going through and making sure everything works, then I'll continue adding stuff. Once I get every section off to a good start I'll prolly add the site to my sig just for the hell of it. So keep a lookout! But dont expect it in the next week or so. Hopefully by the end of the year, I should have everything started.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by masterfork [/i]
[B]Alright, after you've given your frame a name.. should look something like the following

now if you're trying to link from let's say a navigation frame, it would look like the following:
Main

[edit]heh you beat me to it, =] [/edit] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh. Probably because mine was shorter :D .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hugh_G._Rection [/i]
[B]Heh. Probably because mine was shorter :D . [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Actually, to be honest, his post helped me out the most.. I already knew the "text" code thing... it was the visual of seeing the thing that made it all make sense. Cause I wasn't putting that in, all I hade was