Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Can anyone here help me with writing a play? I'm not really sure about the aspects of things like character development. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Posted
Well, with plays, it's pretty much the same as writing a story. When I develop characters, I just give them a name and a basic personality and go with it. But I'm the type of writer who will just change the course of an entire story in the middle of planning, so that it's completely different. Of course, it also helps to plan out whatever your writing, so that you can develop your characters in accordance with the stories. Personally, I like to map out my chapters (or acts, since your working on a play) on a piece of paper, so that I know what will happen and when. It takes a lot of hard work to make a story (or play, I keep forgetting), but if you make a good one, it's well worth it. Hope to see your final creation!
Posted
[size=1]Well, you can map a character just as if you were writing a story. You can find a Character Chart [url=http://www.eclectics.com/articles/character.html]here[/url]. However, be careful, because often, at our level, if we map a character out too much, they become almost 2 dimensional because nothing is left to chance, if you know what I mean.

Good luck.[/size]
Posted
Thanks for all your help, once I start writing it i'll post some so you guys can critique it.

My play is about (don't laugh, cause I know it sounds corny) Bill Sykes from "Oliver!" meeting Mr. Edward Hyde from "Jekyll and Hyde". The both lived in the same time period in the same city and were both members of the city's underbelly. I know it sounds like "The Wild Thornberrys" meet "The Rugrats" but I am going to try my best to keep it uncorny.

By the way is there any other aspects of writing that I should worry about? I've never actually sat down and just planned out what I wanted to happen.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...