Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I got the game a while ago and I think it's really good. I'm almost done with it I just need to beat NBA Challenge.It's way better than the first one. And the create player mode is tha bomb.

Anyone else have it? If so what you think 'bout it.
Posted
I really enjoy this game; it's much like its predecessor, but the major flaws that really annoyed me have disappeared for the most part.

The cheap computer A.I. really put a damper the challenge mode last time around. No matter how well I played, my opponents would always catch up. So, I was glad to see that ironed out (though the difficulty is a little [i]too[/i] easy now). Plus, the second level gamebreakers add a bit more incentive to pull off tricks. And, the new tricks aren't only there for variety's purpose--move like "Off the Heezay" are useful and easy to pull off in practice.

The presentation is extremely nice too; it's just a shame that the soundtrack isn't more expansive. What's in there is great--but there's not enough, I'm afraid.
Posted
I really want to get this game, as I want to see if it is any better than the first one which was rather disappointing in my opinion. I never really like many sports games but NBA games are always a laugh and the graphics on NBA Street Vol.2 look alot better then the first. What are the new features to this game which make it lots more better than the first NBA Street?
Posted
well, I own NBA Street for the PS2 and I must say it's one of the few sports games I like, I've also played Vol. 2 at a friends house...and I don't like Vol. 2, for some reason it doesn't have that cartoony feel to it (not as much as NBA Street does anyway)...most people don't like NBA Street's cartoonish feel, but in a gaming world filled with realistic sports games the first Street was a breath of fresh air, in my opinion they ruined the franchise with Vol. 2.
Posted
at first I thought the game was terrible but after playing for awhile it grew on me. Other than the weak difficulty i love it now. Oh by the way my nickname was satellite.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HoT LaVa 904 [/i]
[B]Hey I wanna know what nickname did yall get in Be a Legend mode. I got poster I don't know why. [/B][/QUOTE]

My created baller is Theo "Rain" Norton. I think he got the nickname because I always make long-range shots with him.

Cool thing is, I have two outfits exclusive to Norton. I have his Street Champ outfit, (black with Street Crown on front) which you get for beating Be A Legend mode (The A.I. is so easy. I beat Be A Legend on Legendary in a day and a half.).

He also has his NBA uniform, which you get if you beat NBA Challenge. You get to assign your baller to any NBA team you want. Norton is on the Spurs.

As my starting lineup, I used '96 Michael Jordan, "Dr. J" Julius Earving and Theo Norton in NBA Challenge. I never lost
Posted
I haven't beat NBA Challenge yet. The game is MAD easy I'm fo' real. After while the game gets boring but when you playing with friends it's fun. The outfits on NBA street vol. 2 are soo ugly. Not all of'em are but most of'em. They seem to tight on the player.

Holla Front
Posted
Sadly, I do not own this game, I would like to.....but well my funds..............aren't of the right ammount. I did get the chance to play it(thanks to renting of course) and I was instantly hooked.

Player models looks great, and you can tell alot of detail was put into each of them. I just had wished EA BIG would have done the same with the Create-A-Baller. There just isn't enough faces and outfits and the like to have them really look like a good.......baller.

The tracks are great........even tho there aren't many and you find yourself just listening to the same thing over and over again. Hilarious commentating by.....the commentator( I forgot his name) makes you not want to turn the volume down, which it seems like most people do with most sport titles.

Gameplay is just like the 1st one, which is a good thing. New moves and tricks make things feel fresh and new. And with the addition of a 2nd gamebreaker, it not only makes things look a whole lot prettier but also helps you win..and thats always good. Speaking of winning....it seems like thats all I do in this game. I know that the old game it was always a close battle in the end with the computer, but know its just too easy, even on the highest difficulty settings.

But all in all this is a great game, filled with replayability off..........the heezay.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...