OtakuBoards

Chaos Legion

Guest The Bouncer

i did a quick search on the Net...
PS2/PC release dates
US & European~ August '03/Fall '03

Info: This RPG is actually based on a Japanese fantasy magazine series.
[SPOILER]You can play two different characters, 1 male, 1 female. The male, Sieg Wahrheit, uses a sword while the female, Arcia uses two guns. Your misson as either character is to find Victor Delacroix, the former friend of Sieg, who has turned evil. As Sieg you can summon 7 different legions, though Arcia can not.[/SPOILER]

• 3 weeks later...
Since June I kept waiting for this game to come out THIS month, but as it turns out it comes out August 6th here in the US. Not too far off now! Already got my copy reserved. I also heard it was too easy. But, like the Reaper said, didn't stop me from loving DMC2. xD

[quote]I heard from a lot of game critics that the game was absolutely awesome except it was too easy. It won't stop me from getting it though DMC2 was to easy and I love it[/quote] ::shudders:: DMC2... I [I]abhorred[/I] that game... -_- So I don't what this game to be like it! :p

But what gets me more is what you said about Chaos Legion. Easy?! Say it ain't so! At least tell me there's a Dante Must Die difficulty option! Sigh... why are developers afraid to make their games challenging? I find challenging games more fun, because if you are going to kick butt, it gives you a better feeling when that butt-kicking requires some skill to accomplish. If you just kill monsters that a 2-year old could do by playing with the controller, there's not much satisfaction in that (although mindless beatdowns are fun every now and then).

[size=1]This game actually looks fun. Usually I'm not drawn to DMC/Castlevania-ish games. The Legion is what caught my eye, and it really seems to be an innovative feature. I'd say that's the only reason I want to get this game. That and the cool names.[/size]

Loved DMC. Liked DMC2. This looks like it will hold me off until Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence (IIRC...) for the PS2. :D

I read a preview on IGN and found that [spoiler]the beginning is a little boring, but picks up after the 4th level.[/spoiler]

Hopefully the "Legions" part of the game adds a whole new dynamic...

*Wanders off to dream*

• 2 weeks later...
Just got this puppy two days ago, and I recommend this game as much as I would recommend DMC1. Gohan is right that the game starts off slow, but that's because you have to learn everything. The learning curve is just like DMC: you gotta get the hang of the controls, learn the combos, and get used to using the legions (just like you had to get used to the devil trigger). Everything about this game screams, "awesome," and then some! Simply, this game is DMC with a sword (don't get smart with me: you know what I mean).

I tempted to say that I like this game more than DMC, but, at the first few stages, I didn't have that temptation. Now, getting into the middle, it's truly a treat, especially when you get multiple Legions. They are a great addition to this action game, and it's incorporation can't be just labeled as an "add-on." Instead, it's a very integral part to the fighting: both your skills and flow of fight depend on which Legion you choose, and how you use each type.

The stages are surprisingly long, but I fight by killing every monster until they stop production, so it might be significantly shorter if you just go straight for the target. And don't worry about the difficulty: it's just as hard as DMC was on normal (when you played it the first time). I can't wait for the harder difficulties (if there are any)! It was a little annoying that you could do all this fighting and get all this experience, only to lose it, but everybody falls while learning to ride a bicycle.

EDIT: I guess I should also give a warning that the game is said to be repetitive and boring. While I agree with the repetitve part, I enjoy mindless fighting. Boring? Hardly, IMO. I guess you should rent it and see what you think for yourself. I think it's fun, but I guess that's not how the majority feels. Oh well... =/

• 2 weeks later...