OtakuBoards

Diverse Schools

Zen

Someone in my family is in the military and moves about every two and a half to three years to different places just like you. He has a son now who's my little cousin. He's just a baby but, ever since he was born I always wondered what it would be like for him to grow up having to move all the time like that.
I guessed you're very used to it but, I've only moved once in my little time of existence and it wasn't even to a different city. If I were to move to a different city or state, it would be a big change for me.
The person I'm talking about has lived in Germany too and other states too. He just left this summer to move to another base. It was lots fun having him here but, now I won't get to see him or my baby cousin again for a long time.:bawl:

Anyway, Double_B_Daigo, what's it been like for you to move like this to different places? I mean, things that you really like about it and things that you don't like about it (if there are any)?

Well, i travle more than many people have in there lives, so i guess its be OK. I have learned not to be racist, which is good. My best freinds are black, latino, hispanic (theres a diff) and white, so i'm cool with everyone, but thats not going to be a good thing cuz i'm supposed to move to South Carolina in a year or so, which is were i'm originally fron. I mean, my family lives there and all, but its very racist around there, so i'm scared that i won't fit in.

The Army life gets kinda lonely at times, but you learn to adapt quickly and forget your problems, although i get sad about loosing my best freinds every once in a while. So its good for people skills. I can make freinds quickly. I have been a smarty, a daeth metal, a punk, a skater, and a rapster all in my life, but anime has all ways been there, so its like my countinous freind. (that makes me sound like a loser, don't it?) But you do get used to it.

So, I guess my baby cuz will be okay then, by what you're saying.
I think you'll be alright in SC although I've never been there myself. You seem like a friendly, likeable person so maybe other's prior thoughts won't matter once they get to know you.

Here, where I live, I know for sure you'd be fine. The school I go to is quite diverse and really, every school I've attended has been this way. I think it's mostly the region though, why so many different people live in one place. My best friend in the 3rd and 4th grade was Korean and when I was around 4-8yrs, a very nice lady, who used to baby-sit me was from Thailand.

My aunt and uncle are like that, a lot; they become friends with their neighbors quickly and everything. I imagine what you're saying, is very true.

[QUOTE]I have been a smarty, a daeth metal, a punk, a skater, and a rapster all in my life, but anime has all ways been there, so its like my countinous freind. (that makes me sound like a loser, don't it?) But you do get used to it.[/QUOTE]

No, that doesn't make you sound like a loser at all and If I were in your position, I'd say the same thing but, my continuous friend would more than likely be a cat, if I had one that is, even though it wouldn't talk back to me. :bellylol: