OtakuBoards

Pokemon dying?

Will2x

as the pokemon rage of 2000-2k1 dies down the loyalist of fans have exchanged to shows closely relative like digimon and go go pow rangers. with toonami hits like card capture sakura and dragonball z does pokemon still stand a chance?

please post your opinions!

Depend on the viewer. If the viewer is older, then the chance again DBZ is not too good. If the viewer is younger like 10, and more male watching, then the chance of survior is pretty good. If there is more female viewer than male, I think Card Captor have better chance.

pokemon is pretty tite, but i think that lil kids are starting to mature a bit more than before... if you've noticed lil kid's actions, you can see that they are more into the "mature" types of things... but if u were like me, you'd be the complete opposite. "Someone as old as me should stop watching silly cartoons like Pokemon and Digimon and start studying and GROWING UP!!!" (quote from my mom) o well... i hope that pokemon stays on air and i hope for their sucess. n-e wayz... I watch all kinds of anime, but lil kids are into the scary movies, more adultish viewings, and stuff like that thesadays... so i guess it would be dieing off.... welps, that's wut i think!

Pokemon is still under contract with kids WB for quite a long time if my memory serves me right. Though it is alot harder than in the past to find kids who play the card game or watch the show, its not impossible. Pokemon is still one of the most popular anime titles in the english speaking world and I expect the poke crew to be on tv for quite a few years...

About the games, thats a different story. You see the pokemon games do nothing but constantly repeat themselves (Pokemon stadium is a prime example) the more recent game boy games suck except for some of the new pokemon. If nintendo doesn't figure out a way to make pokemon exciting again then the franchise is in trouble.

Sorry that was so long... :D

Pokemon is not dying there's still majority of viewers who watches
the anime show.Although the Pokemon games are like the same step over from its original it still has alot of sells and had stay as one of the most selling games on Videogames charts list.

ok i'd have to say that pokemon (the show) hasn't got a chance until they get ash to mature, i mean reeeeeally mature like above the age of a 7 year old. (i apologise to any loyalist fans:D)

the gam will last for a while yet, (in english speaking countries), as most digimon and dbz are 100% japanese and are likely to stay that way.

SS Trunks, do you have quake 3 arena? cos if you do, you can get a 100% working dbz battle patch in full awesome 3d graphics. :D

i am not spamming, jus' passing on info.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey who in the name of GOD, said that card captors was popular. It's all about ive year olds running around getting cards, the ratings for card captors are horrible. Pokeomn and digimon still remain the hghest rated childrens Tv show. As for Jackie chan Adventures, iT KICKS ***!! DBZ took a long time to be popular, Pokemon reached US and became a phenomenon. Take that boy, its all about the stats. don't post something you don't know anything about.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]Hey who in the name of GOD, said that card captors was popular. It's all about ive year olds running around getting cards, the ratings for card captors are horrible. Pokeomn and digimon still remain the hghest rated childrens Tv show. As for Jackie chan Adventures, iT KICKS ***!! DBZ took a long time to be popular, Pokemon reached US and became a phenomenon. Take that boy, its all about the stats. don't post something you don't know anything about. [/B][/QUOTE]

DBZ rules but pokemon is dying out......DBZ should hurry up and come out with a new game that be kinda kool.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]Hey who in the name of GOD, said that card captors was popular. It's all about ive year olds running around getting cards, the ratings for card captors are horrible. Pokeomn and digimon still remain the hghest rated childrens Tv show. As for Jackie chan Adventures, iT KICKS ***!! DBZ took a long time to be popular, Pokemon reached US and became a phenomenon. Take that boy, its all about the stats. don't post something you don't know anything about. [/B][/QUOTE]

ok since your a n00b ill go slow 4 u.

alot of peeps are starting to dislike p o k e m o n. and moving on to shows like d b z and d i g i m o n. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUTTA MY KEYBOARD!?

• 4 weeks later...
The show is stupid. It always was. The games are ok, but the show was just... stupid. I'm sorry if [I]you[/I] like it, but it [I]is[/I] kinda old. Pokemon is dying, and Digimon and DBZ are now fairly big. For now that is...

I'm done wasting your time now.;)

[size=1][b] That's nice Renee. Anywho Pokemon is going down hill. All those pokemon fans are growing into real teenagers real fast and starting to like a real anime. Pokemon is still good but never elovled through the generation. It now sadly has a large gap.[/size][/b]

*350th post*