OtakuBoards

When Saiyins aren't trying to kill the Heck out of each other, what do you they do?

REVENGE2

I'm happy to see that this thread has lasted for so long. Actually, I'm VERY happy. This thread has lasted for almost as long as the Annual Meeting of the Board of Fanfic Villains (although it is only about 1/32nd the size)

Anyway.

IQ2, even as a warrior race, they could not survive without other castes to support their warrior caste. Look at how much a Saiyin eats! Planet vegeta must have been very fetile.

Anyway, this has been my theory:

1) Warrior Caste: While the most powerful and dominant of castes, this, in reality, takes up only about 10% of the actual population. The King of Saiyins is from this caste is a Tyrant in the classical sense of the term: he is a people's champion. Even though he is generally the biggest and badest Saiyin around, he could not continue to rule without the support of the warriors (Assuming that Planet Vegeta has a poplation of ten billion, one billion of them are of the Warrior caste).

2) Religion caste - Early in the life cycle of the Saiyin peoples, their religion mirrored the evolution of religion on earth - Animism to Polytheism to Monotheism. Some time around Monotheism, however, when on Earth we diverged off to Deism, a Super Saiyin was created. The Super Saiyin became something of a Messiah for the Saiyin people, and being an absolute killing machine, he taught others that the strong survive and the weak are for the strong to play with. The religious caste reflects only about 3% of the total population, but arguably they have more power then the warrior caste (more influence over people). The clerics of the religious caste aren't pushover monks, either, but likely stronger then the average warrior caste. While the King is from the Warrior caste, it is arguable that a Religious caste cleric could become King of Saiyins. The religion of the Saiyins obviously has an effect on Saiyins - King Vegeta's Palace in movie 8 looks more like a church (indeed he may have actually been in a Church)

3) Peasents - This reflects about 86% of the total population. Peasents are builders, scientists, and the like. They are not nearly as strong as the average Warrior or Cleric, but still stronger then the average human due to religious influence (assuming the average human has a power level of 5 (Random guy Raditz met) to 20 (Hercule/Mr. Satan, by my estimate), an average Saiyin has a power level of 100-500. Peasents are usually not as well trained as other castes, however. Think of Goku durring Dragon Ball, afer he had rained with Roshi. That's the average Saiyin

4) Slaves - in addition, Planet Vegeta would have a servent/slave population equal to 200% of the total population

EDIT:

Hello? Is anybody out there?

Hercule's power level, to my estimate, is slightly above 100. And I think the power levels of Saiya-jin are more around 1000-2000. Nappa was considered strong by Saiya-jin standards, but he was only 4,000.
So, my guess is, 1st class Saiyajin are around 3,00 in adulthood, 2nd class are around or less than 2000, and 3rd class are below 1000.

But we know for a fact that the saiyans COULD NOT last simply because they were a warrior cast. I can't think of the other technological species off of my head that they overran them and were lost. It's by this reason that they made a covenant with Frieza. They became an integral part of Frieza's organization. If you think of it in terms of the Roman Empire, they were the legion. Other races would have fit somewhere into the plan including the upkeep of Planet Vegeta.