OtakuBoards

When Saiyins aren't trying to kill the Heck out of each other, what do you they do?

REVENGE2

Just wondering. As far as I know, we only ever see the military aspects of Saiyins. What do you think other aspects - political, religious, everyday life - were like? Surely not every Saiyin is a warrior, or can even channel KI energy to as great an extend as Vegeta or even Bardock could. So how did they act?

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]I would think they would have been with their families. I know I would have. But I think most of them were sent to other planets, so I think they also spent their time coquering planets.[/color][/size][/i]

[color=teal][size=1]They were a savage race as shown in the series and a couple of movies. I would think as far as government goes, it would be an Anarchy. One to rule over all Sayin jins, of course which would of been Vegeta's father. With brutal punishments for breaking the laws almost death for a lot of things I would assume.

I don?t think they really would have any type of Religion. They may of been a primitive race, but I don?t believe after Freeza took control of them that they had time for religion if they even had one before. All they did was rampage other planets.

As far as everyday life I think they would train and eat. It's there nature to become stronger and fight against amazingly strong opponents. So training would seem like an obvious part of there life style and I think they eat to much as it is. But that?s what they would do. But for relationships and such I think they would just have a one night stand and go back to fighting. *shrugs* Yup that is what I think.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Valick[/i]
[B][color=teal][size=1]I would think as far as government goes, it would be an Anarchy.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Lol, I cannot even begin to fathom how ironic that post is. It does not even make sense. If the Saiya-jins lived in a society of anarchy, then there would be [i]no[/i] ruler, [i]no[/i] government, [i]no[/i] type of authority what so ever. It would be utter chaos.

I would say the Saiya-jins lived in a more primal society. Just look at the system given by any group of animals that has a reputation for being territorial. There is no real "royal bloodline". Whoever is the strongest (and actually cares to rule over the others) is the ruler. This person would be the "alpha male".

I am sure anyone who has watched the DragonBall Z/GT series has noticed the constant reference to the Saiya-jins as nothing but damn, dirty [i]"apes"[/i]. They even transform into ape-like creatures. They are a savage race that acts upon instinct and not reason.

So there is no religion. Relationships are most likely out the window, especially since Saiya-jins were just sent off as [i]children[/i] to go and conquer planets. There is obviously not going to be much for family values.

They do what they have to do to survive, and through whatever means. Unfortunately, and inevitably, what they were doing was not good enough.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]Lol, I cannot even begin to fathom how ironic that post is. It does not even make sense. If the Saiya-jins lived in a society of anarchy, then there would be [i]no[/i] ruler, [i]no[/i] government, [i]no[/i] type of authority what so ever. It would be utter chaos.[/size]
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1]*relooks at his post then at his*... wow, hahaha, what was I thinking when I wrote that.
Oh well, I comepltely agree with what you said though. [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]damn, dirty [i]"apes"[/i].[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]You're quoting the wrong series, mate. :toothy:

And King_Cloud690, I do not know what you thought you were doing when you made that post, but please post nothing like it ever again. Caps lock is [i]not[/i] your friend. [/SIZE]

[size=1] I would thank when Saiya-Jins are not fighting each other or a enemy or something. They are with their familys. One time it showed Gohan and Goku taking a bath in a barrel outside of Chi Chi's house. So I suppose they would stay with their family also they probably would:
Eat
Sleep
Train
[/size]

You have to remember, though, that Goku is Earthen, not Saiyin. He was brought up with the ideals of Earthens, not Saiyins, so he acts much differently then the way Saiyins would have.

Also, the thought of an entire race being devoted to war is silly. Who will plant crops? Build cities? Keep the electricity running? A warrior race in reality couldn't have much more then a third of it's population as warriors, or their society would have ceased to function and they would have devolved into anarchy for a few centuries before re-building their society in a way better suited for their ideals (Probably a caste system. Worker class, warrior class, religious class)

• 3 weeks later...
[color=blue][font=times][b]Yeah.. Saiyans werew ment to train... Non stop.... They were war machines they trained. And trained some more. Vegeta grew up on.... Vegeta that is why he trains so much. If you need an example of what saiyans do.... Look at vegeta...

I have to go...

~Xaru[/color][/font][/b]

I think they would maybe be with their families or eating. I know those saiyans love to eat, don't they? They also have to raise their children at home. They may also train and maybe take a vacation, though I doubt it.

Guest Nanashi
[quote]
Yeah.. Saiyans werew ment to train... Non stop.... They were war machines they trained. And trained some more. Vegeta grew up on.... Vegeta that is why he trains so much. If you need an example of what saiyans do.... Look at vegeta...[/quote]

Vegeta was a prince. I think it's doubtful that he would have had to "plant crops, build cities or keep the electricity running". As PiroMunkie said, they had an alpha male, the strongest saiyin ruled them all. If Vegeta wanted to be the next king he would have to train a LOT to earn it...

I agree with Revenge, they probably had a caste system. the Worker and clergyman trained like the warrior did but not nearly as often. Fighting was still a part of their life, just not as big.

Their religion would probably be something with emphasis toward fighting and not much to do with morals (if they ever had a religion). For example they could have had some kind of equivalent to Val Halla (sp?) or something. I?m sure the belief in a ?Super Saiyin? was a part of that religion. When Freeza comes I can see him converting everyone to whatever religion he had...

I don't see the males having much of a family life. The females on the other hand might have raised the children while the males were fighting/working/whatever. They would have had much less of an attachment to their children compared to human mothers. When the time came to send a kid off to take over a planet the mothers just accepted it because it was something inevitable and common among Saiyins. Males could have had multiple wives and I doubt infidelity would have been a big issue for them.

• 4 weeks later...
I think they just kick back, relax and have a good time. I remember seeing some Saiyans on a movie I have about the history of Goku or Bardock (one of'em) and they were in a bar, drinking and partying. They were acting like there was not a care in the world. I'm not saying that that's how all the Saiyans were, but there's a possibility. They all seemed rough and mean like a fight could break out at any moment over nothing. Other than that, it's probably just sex, sleep, eating, training. Basically, what everybody else said.

Guest Stealth Knight
They probably just lead normal lives. They have to eat, sleep, and have fun sometimes no matter what you do. They would die if there wasn't any "down time" in between fights. Most likely, they eat and sleep more than having fun so that they can have time to train for any more dangers.

OK, sayins are ruthless! If they weren't shipped off to another planet to one day destroy it, then they where feezia's warriors that went to planets to kill everything there for it to be sold! They weren't spending time with families! Did you see lil kids and their mommys and daddys walking in the park?!?!?! No, you saw fighting and blood and when someone needed help, they would drink beer, yay!!

Yeah! Everyman for themself! LoL! But I bet a long the way, they did watch eachother's back in battle and such! :) They are a race built for fighting and violence. That's is their purpose. They have HUGE powerlevels and everytime they have a near death expirience, their powerlevels shoot through the roof! My kind of race! lol

I think the idea of a "caste" society does make sense. BUT, it is explained in the series. The "castes" were used to distinguish who were the weaker saiyans, and to what planets they would send them.

Anyway, the "saiyans" are and will always be a warrior race. Dragonball GT showed a time of peace for Vegeta and showed exactly what saiyans do instinctively when there is no war. He trained most of his time, he ate, he spent his time with family. BUT, in times of war Vegeta never spent any time with anyone, so you can see the difference between a saiyan in and out of his element.