Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][color=crimson] This is in fact one of my favorite animes. It had gundams in it but thats not all that I liked about it. It had strategy for the gundam pilots. They had to figure out plans, etc. In the desetert they had to use plastic and a small bottle. This was made so the moist even if just alittle in the desert would make some water. But also the gundams was awesome. Any way did you like it? What would you rate it?[/size][/color]
Posted
8th MS Team was, and still is my one of my favorite gundam series.
It wasn't cartoony like Gundam Wing and G-Gundam, and dealt more with strategy than all out fighting.

I really liked the storyline too. The whole not wanting to kill your fellow man , just because they don't agree with you, thing was a pretty nice change.

But the best part of the series, was the gundam battles with the Zeon. The Mechs moved like giant, hulking robots should.

My favorite fight was the one at the end, where the EZ8 fought the Zeon Guulf. That was awsome.:D
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson] Yes that was also unique to this anime WW2. They didnt want to kill other people just because there on a different side. [ I just noticed this should be in the gundam thread and I put it in the anime thread...] [/color][/size]
Posted
I really did not like 08th MS team that much. The biggest problem was that the "bad guy" was just a total lunatic, which ruins everything. He should have been more like Anavel Gato (0083), who had a good reason to do what he did.

Worse yet was the cheesy love story. Unlike other Gundam series the love story hidden in this one was so bad that it really ruined things.

Just as bad was the mass-produced Gundams. For a machine that is so hard to make there sure were a lot of them, and they lost the sense of uniqueness that you find in every other Gundam series.
Posted
I mostly don't like any Gundam Series other than Wing, but this one was OK. My main complaint is this: my first comment upon seeing it was, "It's the Gundam version of Romeo and Juliet!" That was just kind of pathetic to me. But other than that I liked it. Though I'm with Black_Phoenix. The mass-produced Gundams thing just isn't right. The point in all of the other series' was that the Gundams are really special and unique mobile suits, and then we get to 8th MS Team and they're just your average MS. I didn't like that very much.
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson] But you have to admit that the animation is extremely well. I think the story line is terrific and the fact there is another girl that likes the main character. [/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aoshi Shinimori [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson] But you have to admit that the animation is extremely well. I think the story line is terrific and the fact there is another girl that likes the main character. [/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the animation was pretty good. Wing's animation was good, too, though, so it's not a unique thing. (Not trying to diminish 8th MS Team there.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aoshi Shinimori [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson] I think the story line is terrific and the fact there is another girl that likes the main character. [/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

? OK, this hasn't been on CN in a really long time, so maybe I'm just missing something, but what does the part about another girl liking Shiro mean?
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson] Hmm... I was just kinda replying to he fact about the Romeo deal. You see romeo didn't have two lovers. He loved this other guy. Now Shiro only loved one girl and the other only loves Shiro but Shiro don't love her back.[/color][/size]
Posted
I don't tape stuff unless I won't be able to just watch it. So sue me. (Actually, please don't, it's just an expression.)
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] They cut alot of scenes in 08th Ms team... I am kinda glad of that. Like when they was trapped in the mountains with a blizard and had to use the core of the Gundam to create like a hot spring they had clothes on instead of being un clothed lol.[/size][/color]
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
I've seen most of the subbed versions of the gundam series.

To compare Wing to 08th MS Team and say that Wing is even close to 08th MS Team is saddening and truthfully very disturbing..

Wing is a shallow series that has the storyline that practically makes them 5 robotic "power rangers". Somehow one Gundam can take on an entire fleet..excuse me? LOL...

08th MS Team actually focused on a solid storyline, the mechanics of the gundams and guerilla warfare tactics...it was awesome and the animation was bar none some of the best in UC Gundam.
Posted
[size=1][color=skyblue]
Yes I agree with you Altron. It seems that the Gundams in Gundam Wing was kinda like power rangers. 08th MS Team did just focus on one solid story line you said.
[/size][/color]
Posted
I love 8th MS Team, and it is probably my 2nd favorite Gundam series next to Wing. I love the storyline and animation is great. I wish I had the money to buy the whole series on DVD :(
Posted
can you get the series on dvd or manga? i love this series! i checked tokyopop. i didn't see any thing. i personnally loved the love story! it was so romantic! But I just wanna know if anyone knows where I could the manga
Posted
I love this Gundam series! I especially like the ending theme song. I like this series better than Wing. It is a very good series.I love the plot and the characters. I like how there is just one basic storyline and that's it. 08th MS Team is really good and I love it.
Posted
[size=1][color="666666"]
I agree with both of you. I mean the love story was awesome. But any way what do you think of the gundams? I think they was alot better than Wing's gundams.
[/size][/color]
Posted
I do think that Moblie Suit Gundam the 08 M.S. Team is the best gundam that has appeared in the U.S.
But have any of you seen or heard of gundam S.E.E.D. it seams to have a good story its like a combo of M.S. Gundam with Gundam Wing and a little 08 M.S. mixed in just for the fun of It.
Posted
[size=1][color="666666"]
Not to be mean or nothing RX but try to keep it just to about 08th MS Team. lol Don't want any of us to get into trouble. Shiro is the main character, right? But why doesn't he want to fight the enemy I mean what do all of you think about the main character?
[/size][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...