OtakuBoards

Ed and Ed. Why are they so similair?

Zen

oaky anyone who has watched Cartoon network would know that there is a show called Ed, Edd, adn Eddy. Well, i noticed something. Ed from Cowboy Bebop and Ed from EEE, are very, very similair in that they are dim witted and goofy, but very talented. Ed has super strenght from EEE while Ed from CB has super intelleingce. Am i the on;y person who has noticed this? They act so similair its funny. post your thoughts on this.

Guest Anime_Forever
I noticed! Cowboy Bebop and Ed Edd and Eddy, 2 shows I live to watch, CB my second fav anime of all timee and EEE my second fav cartoon of all time. Ed and Ed. Two charachters similar in many ways. Act dumb yet are talented. I think a better question is how are they different.

Alrighty. Ed is very intellegent and she is a girl. Ed is super strogn, has infinite knowedge of cheesy horror flicks, and is philosphical as well as being a boy. Not many differences beyond that and they live in different tiem periods. And that Ed is most likely asian.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Alrighty. Ed is very intellegent and she is a girl. Ed is super strogn, has infinite knowedge of cheesy horror flicks, and is philosphical as well as being a boy. Not many differences beyond that and they live in different tiem periods. And that Ed is most likely asian. [/B][/QUOTE]

All that and the Ed from EEE sometimes solves some of the confusing problems that they get. Like when Eddy found his brothers map. :whoops:

o_O;;;;;

Ed from Ed,Ed,and Eddy isn't really dumb......He just doesn't show it,much like Ed from Cowboy Bebop.The are times when he says some smart stuff....But I have only seen it some times...But he is smart.

I,like maladjusted,think it's just a coincidence.

A Japanese Animator has as much ability to watch EEE as anyone has of watching the 100th Episode of InuYasha, in the States. It can be done, so don't use that as an example of coincidence. I however thend to like the thought that they are original characters though.

[color=Indigo]I don?t think that the two characters could be more different. Ed from [b]Ed, Edd, and Eddy[/b] is a moronic oaf that is overgrown for his age. Because of his size and gullible nature he is often the experimental subject for the majority of Edd?s schemes. Ed is also distracted from simple tasks by shiny objects and chickens. Ed is written the way he is to personify the stupid third stooge.

Ed from [b]Cowboy Bebop[/b], on the other hand, is a child genius. She is a free spirit that enjoys being challenged, both online and hunting for clues about bounty heads. Ed was written to have the characteristics of a stray cat; that is why she moves around quite a bit and acts the way she does. Ed is written the way she is to help explain and characterize her background story.[/color]

Guest Anime_Forever
Ed from EEE IS stupid. When he is smart (3 times) its by accident..."I think I just thunk" "is that english Ed?"
Ed has reasons he becomes smart. "Eddys brother is a big brother who is Eddys brother and Eddy is a brother for his brother and a brother I am." Ed has reasons like this that he thinks. Ed on the other hand is smart and crazy! Like when she sees a blob monster... "mmm puding........Im all full now"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IkariGendo [/i]
[B]A Japanese Animator has as much ability to watch EEE as anyone has of watching the 100th Episode of InuYasha, in the States. It can be done, so don't use that as an example of coincidence. I however thend to like the thought that they are original characters though. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, you don't have to say things like that. I just don't think that Japan gets CN, but I might be wrong. Also, is "thend" even a word?

Yeah, they do. The guy who created Silent Mobius and many other anime/manga watches PPF and Dexter's Lab. So, its obvious they get it. But i think CW came out before EEE. So, í think ther simularities ae jsut a coisncedence.

Hey guys (and gals), this is my first post, though I've been browsing for a while. I have to agree with the mod; from what I've seen of EEE and CB there is no comparison whatsoever, other than their names. Ed from Cowboy Bebop is on a whole other level than the other ED. (The same holds true for their respective shows as well.)