OtakuBoards

Star Ocean 2 question

SephirothNIN

I've beaten SO2 before, but never beat the blasted cave of trials. So I started over (so I could get Ashton this time instead of Opera). Anyway I'm trying to do the trick where you get the bandit gloves before Clik's giant mess, so I can pickpocket the mischief from her, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good (EASY) way to get $$? I tried buying food ingredients (using identify all), making food, and selling it back, but that's too slow. I know a place that's great for getting $$ but the enemies are freakishly hard and I have to go back to an inn after every battle unless I want to spend all my $$ on ressurection bottles (which is kinda stupid since I want to GET money). To the west of cross castle is the mountain (where you fight the giant bird in the Ashton sidequest), but if you head to the right in the first mountain screen you'll come back out on the world map in a desert-type area. In that area are weird carrot guys, as well as annoying machine headless guys who can freeze time (very annoying), but they frequently drop damascus and orilchalcum (good for selling). So is there another, better, way to get $$? Keeping in mind I haven't gone to Clik yet so I don't have access to a lot of skills like orchestra or copying. Also it's just celine, rena, and claude.

Well yeah I know about energy nede, but I was asking the best way to get money BEFORE Clik is destroyed, since I wanted to get the bandit gloves and swipe the Mischief from Filia. I'm in Linga now so I'm all done with that Clik stuff. I do have another Mischief related question tho heh. I know the Trickster armband is in the Eluria Tower, and I remember it had the same super-free-item ability Mischief did. But I could've sworn there was one more item that randomly gives free stuff, somewhere in Fun City's battle...arena, I think, but I don't remember exactly. So does anyone else know? was it survival mode or something?

[size=1][color=CC0000]*scratches head*

I have no idea what this game is, but I'm here to say that even though no one else is posting in this topic, spoiler tags must be (preferably) used. Thanks.[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Um, I've never played this game before either, but I haven't seen anything that really needs spoiler tags. There hasn't been, as far as I can tell, anything that's going to spoil storyline stuff. Spoilers about how to do things, where to get things, and such are pretty much assumed in help threads, considering that's what the threads are about. - Desbreko[/color]