OtakuBoards

Anime Weekend Atlanta

eleanor

[size=1] This convention is getting close! [Sept. 26-28] I'm thouroughly excited about going...it'll be my first convention. ^_^ I missed the pre-registration, so I'll have to get a walk-in membership, but....=_=. Oh well.

I'm going to have to miss the morning activites for Friday, because my mom will die before letting me miss school for this event.

Anybody else going?[/size]

o_o No.....I miss once agine U.U

I live in Duluth......which is what......two hours away from Alanta.I am not going,mainly because my mom can't walk good.....and I cannot stand my step-dad......and...I am a loser ^_^

Well.....I guess I'll wait till next year....Maybe I will cosplay ^_^

[size=1] To Queen Asuka:

The pre-registration is over [I accidently missed it...] so you'll have to get walk-in registrations. It's pretty self-explanatory. You walk in, wait in line, and get a registration.

Three days: $40
Two days: $30
One day: $20

I'm looking for a schedule, so that I can decide on what days to go. You can just go to the AWA website [awa-con.com], and get more info there. ^_^

Naru: Great! Haven't seen you in a long time. ^_^[/size]

[COLOR=indigo]
Cons are very fun. At least, so I've heard. I myself have only been to one, and that was the recent Shoujocon in Rye, New York. Even though I only got to go for one day, it was a total blast! For those of you complaining that you never get to talk about anime with anyone, go to a con and you will have so many new friends. And I actually met someone at school TODAY who said he saw me there. Go figure! Maybe you'll get to know people you already thought you knew (or had no idea existed, as was my case). Anyway, please post how it was once you've gone. I had no idea there was one in Atlanta. Maybe my Grandma will go (hahaha). I wish I could go, but if you think Florida is far, try getting there from NYC!

Also, cosplaying is very fun, especially when someone wants your picture, or says "Oh, you're so and so from this series!" It's a sign that you did a good job, and you don't look like an idiot ^_^
[/COLOR]

• 10 months later...
YAY! AWA is getting close again!!! Of Course I'm going again! I've been planning this since September 26th of last year!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!

This year I'm cosplaying as Misha from Pita Ten. Its safe to say I'll do A LOT better in the cosplay compitition this year. Ask maladjusted: I was SO scared last year!

Is anyone else going? Maybe we can meet! It'll be great!! :laugh:

~naru-chan

Naru, wouldn't have it been easier to simply start a new thread for Anime Weekend Atlanta 2004? ^_^;;

Since this topic is nearly a year old, and since you had to double-post in order to revive it, I don't see any reason to keep it around.

Thread closed.

~Dagger~