OtakuBoards

Magic Users Club

Syk3

I recently saw this in my anime club, and I thought I'd start a discussion to see who else has seen this. ^_^

Magic Users Club is about these high school students who are in an after school club called the Magic Users Club. Go figure. Basically, they use magic with these silly wands, and try to stop this scientific alien race of robots that have decended upon the Earth. Though this race appears to be adjusting to the planet and following all of the traffic laws and such, occasionally it becomes necessary for these kids to use their magic to stop them. The Magic Users Club also loosely competes with the Manga Club, who act as the antagonists with their stuck up president, lol.

The anime is very comical in the drawing and story-line, and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a laugh. It does have a little fan service, and there is a lot of silly parts dealing with this such as nosebleeding, and the main character going a little too far in his thoughts. o__o"

I thought it was a pretty good anime, and am interested in seeing more of it. So yeah, who has seen it and what do you think?

[COLOR=indigo]
Yay Yay Yay!!! I've been waiting for someone to bring up this series, because it's one of my favorites. I'm not really sure why though. Perhaps because it's so [B]simple[/B]. I mean you've got basically all stereotypical character types in there, from the bishounen to the clumsy but sweet main character, to her somewhat smarter best friend, and so on.
I also rather like the magic aspect. Magic has always been one of my favorite anime themes, and I find the type of magic that the Magic Users... use, is quite original. I mean, who's seen magic wands with duck heads on the top before?
Lastly, I find the characters not only sweet and endearing, but honest, with others and themselves. Each one is searching for their own answer, and while one member of the club may be less than fond of another, there is rarely any outward display of dislike. The people seem very supportive of one another, and they're honest about it. This isn't to say that everyone gets along all hunky-dory ('cause they DON'T), but they take it in stride, and it's all very sweet. But not overly so.
For this, and many other reasons, Magic Users Club is one of my all-time favorites. Now all I need to do is get a DVD player so I can finally FINISH the series!!!
[/COLOR]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I've only seen two volumes of the series (like, the first one and the fifth one) and I don't hardly remember what I saw. But I do remember that it was adorable. I liked the chic named Akane, the silver-haired one. And the gay guy. That was so funny. I thought it was a girl when I was watching the opener.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]And the gay guy. That was so funny. I thought it was a girl when I was watching the opener.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought he was a girl at first too, heh. I found it halarious in that one scene when that girl comes in and decides to change in the Magic Users Club room before going on a date. So she put up this sheet thing so they couldn't see, and the president of the club suddenly goes into his imagination and see the other girls be like "Since you're going to change, we will too!" "Me too!" And they rip off their clothes, and then the gay guiy's like "ME TOO!" and rips off his clothes. lol

Don't worry, it's not a hentai or anything, it's just the silly thoughts from that one guy (and they don't show anything anyway).