OtakuBoards

Anime on UK TV

Sculptor

Hi,

For a while now I've been annoyed at the lack of anime on UK television. There are only two channels that have any significant amout and they are the Toonami channel (Formally CNX) and the Sci-Fi Channel.

The problem is that Sci-Fi does'nt advertise the anime anymore (They've been showing anime in the morning and I only just found out!) and Toonami just keeps repeating DBZ/GT, Tenchi and Outlaw Star. Toonami is a Cartoon Network channel so whats happening with all the anime their showing on Cartoon Network in America?

Do other people in the UK feel the same or is there another channel I've over looked with more anime on?

Also I just realised that the version of Outlaw Star shown on Toonami is the unedited version (at leased I think so).

Well, it's certainly not as good as it could be- FoxKids UK had been promising to show new episodes of Digimon since Christmas, but since nothing's shown up it's probably unlikely that we'll ever get to see it here.

That said, we've had a fair few decent animes shown (not that they're on right now, mind). In total we've had Eva, Nadesico, Blue Gender, Digimon, Pokemon, Zoids, Transformers, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, Adventure Duo, Akira, and a lot more too.

I would certainly like to see more. I hope Adult Swim or soemthing equivalent of that will arrive here soon. FLCL is one I'm definately interested in seeing. That, and Lost Universe.

Let's not forget the early morning showns of sailor moon now children *shudders* only for the insomniacs or extremely hungover among us. Let's see, the anime I have been privy to are 'Blue Sub 6' on sci-fi, 'Outlaw Star' and 'Cowboy Be-bop' on what was formerly known as CNX. Also, 'Gundam Wing' and the obvious Pokemon and Digimon. I do think that there's a distinct lack of anime on UK television, however it does whet your appetite for other anime that you can go out and purchase for youself.

Guest eva unit 00
hehe i make a point of watching/taping all the good anime so thats zoids, bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040, evangelion, outlaw star and occaisonally yu-gi-oh