OtakuBoards

.hack//MANGA!!! Its out!

Guest Anime_Forever

Guest Anime_Forever
The first volume of .hack//lagendof the twilight is out. I got it and it ROCKS!!! Its 4 years after the game. You should at least have some knowledge of the game before you read. If you havent played all the games this will give off some secrets... and for all you ladies Balmung is shown a lot... and Orca is a transforming chick.

I haven't seen the manga but i've seen four of the episodes it's asome yes bulmung is in alot of the episodes mabe all i dont know and as for orca being a transforming chik i dont know about that i'll have to read the manga so i will and i'll try to see more episodes so i need to see now:excited:

[color=red][size=1]Please improve your post quality. Some punctuation would be nice for starters. Thanks. - Semjaza [/size][/color]

Haha, yes, I own the first volume too... I'm quite fond of the chibi artstyle myself, even though a lot of people really don't like it as much.. But, like with The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, the plot wouldn't fit with a more realistic graphic style.

And Orca [i]is[/i] in fact a female werewolf character in .hack//LoT (Legend of Twilight).. I'm guessing this is the same Orca, considering both Balmung and Mereille seem to be familiar with her (in the case, her..).

^_^ I'm quite fond of the color pages too... They're well done and.. Well, if you've read it, you'd see why I may like it more than normal color pages. Heh heh heh...

Oh, by the way, there is already a thread in this forum about the manga..

I just got a copy today. It is a very...interesting manga, to say the least. The chibi art style is actually very nice, though it does see strange at times (then again, so does the entire manga).

I am still unsure about Orca being the same person. It almost seems to me that the name was given to the player after she became a Werewolf (which the manga said was difficult).

As for the color pages, I know why OtakuSennen likes them so much. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black_Phoenix [/i]
[B]I just got a copy today. It is a very...interesting manga, to say the least. The chibi art style is actually very nice, though it does see strange at times (then again, so does the entire manga).[/b]
[/quote]

Yep! Interesting everywhere.. And not entirely in a perverted way. It really seems to emulate what a MMORPG is supposed to be like quite well. The characters are all vivid and individual as well, in their own ways.

[quote]
[b]I am still unsure about Orca being the same person. It almost seems to me that the name was given to the player after she became a Werewolf (which the manga said was difficult).[/b]
[/quote]

Hm.. If The World is like any current MMORPG we know today, two characters can't have the same SN, even if they ARE different characters.. Right? But we shall see.. 'Cause if I recall, Balmung mentioned he is familiar with this Orca in the manga..

[quote]
[b]As for the color pages, I know why OtakuSennen likes them so much. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

HEEEEY! The .hack//PINUP isn't the ENTIRE reason it's great-- I mean-- Ugh. What I meant when I said that the color pages were good was because of the colors and materials they used.. It looked almost like screenshots of the cartoon version.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]Yep! Interesting everywhere.. And not entirely in a perverted way. It really seems to emulate what a MMORPG is supposed to be like quite well. The characters are all vivid and individual as well, in their own ways.[/B][/QUOTE]

I definately like the way it simulates an MMORPG. It is nice that they included the litte black hexes that give you info on the characters and any damage they take. And the different art style gives enough variation to the Kite and Blackrose designs that keeps you from confusing them with the orginals.

[QUOTE][B]Hm.. If The World is like any current MMORPG we know today, two characters can't have the same SN, even if they ARE different characters.. Right? But we shall see.. 'Cause if I recall, Balmung mentioned he is familiar with this Orca in the manga..[/B][/QUOTE]

I am not sure about people having the same name. I know that the member address makes a difference, but I am not sure if they can have a game login that is the same (since it has never been mentioned). The only thing that could result in the same name is if the original Orca (Yasuhiko) were to have deleted his account after the first ".Hackers incident". Hopefully the last game will clear things up.

[QUOTE][B]HEEEEY! The .hack//PINUP isn't the ENTIRE reason it's great-- I mean-- Ugh. What I meant when I said that the color pages were good was because of the colors and materials they used.. It looked almost like screenshots of the cartoon version. [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh huh. Just keep telling yourself that. :D Actually, I do enjoy the look of the other color pages, especially the index page. I did not even notice the .Hack//PINUP page at first because the pages were stuck together (probably by a static charge).

maybe i'm just making a completely incorect guess here, but could mireille be mistral(from the games). i just got outbreak, and mistral says in the beginning that [spoiler]shes a housewife with a baby on the way[/spoiler], but that couldn't keep her from changing her screen name after the dot hack incidents and continuing to play, right?

anyway, the manga rocks. its actually my first, and i really liked it. the art style was perfect for this combo of action and comedy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by quietstranger16 [/i]
[B]maybe i'm just making a completely incorect guess here, but could mireille be mistral(from the games). i just got outbreak, and mistral says in the beginning that [spoiler]shes a housewife with a baby on the way[/spoiler], but that couldn't keep her from changing her screen name after the dot hack incidents and continuing to play, right?[/B][/QUOTE]

I do not think that the characters are exactly the same as the .Hack games (though the bit with Orca is still in the air). From the short comic strip that was placed just after the manga ended I got the feeling that Mireille is only meant to look like Minstral. Also, Hotaru (the one that has the grunty) is meant to look like Elk.

I think the creators just wanted to bring back the character designs from the games and use them in a comedy. (Just a theory)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
lol first of all, I suggest getting the japanese manga, if you can, then get the subtitles off the internet, it saves you from having to wait 5 months between each release to america... but anyways about Mireille and Mistral, they aren't the same person, but they kinda are....did you noticed that there is always a Balmung, always an Orca, always an Elk? [Balmung, Bear, and Sukasa in .hack//sign] It's kind of like The Matrix.... in a way.....