OtakuBoards

What?

slasher

It looks like someone tried sticking what looks like OOS cover art on a random pak and is trying to sell it on E-bay. Or, it could be an illegal copy of the game, but I wouldn't know. Someone who would know is Desbreko, he's had "experience" with that sort of thing. [spoiler] Don't worry Desbreko, I won't tell them that you once got ripped of by some guy who sold you an illegal copy of OOS. Your secret is safe with me. ;-) [/spoiler]

[color=indigo]Yeah, spoiler tags are just [i]so[/i] effective when it comes to keeping secrets. Really. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I originally tried getting a copy of OOS on eBay, and got something like that. In my case, the cartridge was a black Game Boy cartridge (old GB, like the cartridge in that auction, not GBC), though it had the real OOS cartridge sticker on it. As far as I can tell, it was done pretty well. The game played fine, and it even came in a real OOS box. (Though the instruction booklet was only the first two the and last two pages. o_O)

But yeah, these things are always bootleg copies or something of that nature. (The one I got was also shipped from Hong Kong, even though the guy said he was from either the US or Canada, I forget which). Even if you were to ignore the old GB cartridge instead of it being a GBC cartridge, the sticker on it is also wrong. It's not even the official logo on it.

So yeah, don't buy anything like this. In my case, the guy just showed a picture of the box, which as far as I can tell was real, so I had no way of knowing it was a fake until it arrived in the mail. Beware of buying Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages games on eBay. >_< You're better of trying to find used copies on GameStop.com or some place like that, if you can't find any locally.[/color]

Ya i own both OOS and OOA and they ok but i like the old original on the nintendo. Ya that is junk what they have on there like Desbreko said. what was funny i saw a PS3 on ebay. be careful on there ok (if u consider this spam plz dont destroy the thread things like this have 2 get out for ppl who think everyone is telling the truth.) ok ppl so BE CAREFUL!!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, the logo isn't the official OOS logo. I don't think I'll buy games at eBay [b]ever[/b]. Even though I was never ripped off like that, I'll give you a good warning about that king of crap. [b]Don't buy it.[/b] Games are much better bought at Slackers. They leave their cases empty so the games/CDs can't be stolen, and I think that they make sure that they put the right things in the cases. I don't mean to be advertising, but I just wanted to clarify.

[color=indigo]Um, yeah... It's already been said a few times that you should watch out for stuff like that on eBay and other such places. Having the same thing repeated over and over again is pointless, and therefor spam.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/Lock.gif[/img] Thread Closed[/color]