OtakuBoards

Macho Man Randy Savage and his rapping career.

I, Colossus

:D

"Be a man HULK, cmon don't be scurd your runnin' from Macho that's what I heard. Be a man HULK, cmon don't be a chump, I never though HULK would go out like a punk."

Be a man has to be the best rap song in all history. One old, high class wrestler, dissing an old, low class wrestler. I wonder if Hogan's old rock band will come out with a rebuttle. There isn't really much to say on the subject...but this song deserves to be well known.

I've had the prerelease for awhile now. I mean, obviously it's not the best thing ever... but the raps are surprisingly not terrible.

Just imagine him talking in rhyme. That's what it sounds like. Him not changing his voice at all for this is what makes it so great... mostly on a humor level heh.

I have to admit that after listening to the "Macho Mix" on his website, I liked the beats he is on. Sure, he may suck terribly, but, the music his crappy voice is put to is really kickin'. I hope someone with way better lyrics comes on the track for a remix or solo version.

The funny thing is I heard his song "Be a Man" on a local radio station a few days ago. Guess it really IS a big "thing" after all...

*Ponders how the sales will look*

:P

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hate his material. Macho Man has always had a unique I've-got-sandpaper-in-my-throat voice that's made him so successful as an orator because he's just plain fun to listen to.

Thus far, I've only heard the "Be A Man" song and it appeals to me on a certain level because I know what he's talking about. But, I can't say I think he'll be successful in this rapping stint. You know, it's a totally different audience entirely. Not everyone will be amused by a song shooting on Hulk Hogan.

As a matter of fact, I've read that at a recent live performance, the CD started to skip and he obliviously kept lip synching until he was made aware of what was going on. To make a long story short, he was booed tremendously, slammed the mic down in frustration and walked off stage.

So, I honestly doubt there's room on the market for an aged white guy who's basically cutting rhyming wrestling promos and calling it rap music.

[size=1] I heard that he recorded the "Be a Man" song after Hogan refused to wrestle him for a childrens charity.

I don't know how credible that is though.

I never thought of "Macho Man" Randy Savage as a rapper, I'll have to hear this song to see what it's like

[EDIT] I just listened to it, and it's good. It also confirms the "charity event" thing. I like it how he refers to Hollywood Hogan making him laugh with his mediocre movies (eg Thunder in Paradise, No Holds Barred) While he starred in spider-Man.

- Real funny stuff, it'd be interesting to see how Hulk Hogan responds. [/size]