OtakuBoards

Have you noticed?(Cowboy Bebop)

CB Shin

Have you ever noticed how culturally diverse The music in Cowboy Bebop is. Anything from Heavy Metal to Opera is in there. I'd call Yoko Kanno a genius for being so diverse in so many genres of Music. Theres always something to like in there, No matter what kind of music you like. Me, well I like all of them. Your thoughts please.

[size=1]The music in Cowboy Bebop is a huge part of the series, moreso than any other television series (American or Japanese) I have ever seen. No matter who you are there [i]must[/i] be a few songs that you enjoy. My Mom (who knows nothing about anime) heard some of the Cowboy Bebop "Blue" OST, and really seemed to enjoy it. She didn't lke every song, but it just goes to show how the same music can appeal to 18, 38 and even 68 year olds.

Welcome to the boards CB Shin :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

Cowboy Bebop is both culturally and musically diverse. Note: Brain Scratch ahd an abbundace of hip hop, Heavy Metal Queen is self explanatory, Land of the Fallen Angels had a bunch of opera, Sympathy for the Devil had alot of Bluegrass on the harmonica, and all of hte otehr episodes had a bit of J-Pop and alot of Jazz.

The cultural part is obvious. Check out almost any anime and all your gonna get is either asian or caucasian characters. Were ist Cowboy Bebop has latino's, blacks, whites, chinese, japanese, philipino, arabic, and etc. That is why it stands out (along with its beutiful aniamtion and great story). And thats why it is one of my favorite anime's.

Alot of people think its boring because its not none stop action and its a thinking mans anime. Although Spike can be kinda dim witted at times. *remebers the episode were he kicks the VCR*

Spike: My ship works when i kick it....

Jet: Spike, thats not helping!

Spike: *countiunes to kick the VCR

yeah, Spike's what you would call street smart....

[size=1] That's one of the things I love about Yoko Kanno's works. Her music ranges from orchestral, metal, vocal, etc. and she's very diverse in her work. [[i]And[/i] she's dang good at it, too]

I think one of my favorite Cowboy Bebop songs is Space Lion.[/size]

Yes! The music, the art, and the characterization are my favorite things about Cowboy Bebop-IMHO it's one of the best anime out there stylistically.

I love the music and the art most of all. The music is just so good (I like "The Real Folk Blues," "Call Me, Call Me," "Rain," and so much more that I can barely count it). Since I found a site where you can get free and legal MP3 downloads of almost anything Yoko Kanno two days ago, I've just been very happy :)

As for the art, that had to be one of the most well-drawn anime ever. I've often commented that if an anime had Bebop's art and Trigun's writing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe that's too rash and fangirlish, but that's my opinion. . .back on topic though, Bebop's art is just so detailed. I mean, when the neon sign on a building simply being walked by is readable, the smallest detail on Ed's computer screen is clear, and so on. . .that is great art in anime.

Sorry if this post is spammy and like a blog post-it's late and I'm tired. I might come back and edit it tomorrow with some more intelligent content. :)

As has been stated several times, the music is just fantastic... I'm no golden-eared music major, but Yoko Kanno is one of the most diverse modern composers I've heard. ?_? I was reading through the liner notes for the CD-Box, and stopped counting at fourty-five musicians that contributed to the project! Amazing...

another thing that i like about CB is its hidden secrets.

Like in Real Folk Blues part 1. The first the i notice is a giant flyer on a building outside the hospital were Spike and Jet are at. It is a banner for "Way of the Dragon", one of Bruce Lee's best movies. Bruce Lee is a major hero of Spike if you have ver read tha manga. Also, Spike uses Bruce Lee's created fighting style, Jeet Kune Do, and you really see the similaities in there ways of fighthing.

2nd is when Faye is in the air port and the old black woman across from her begins to talk. Soon, her son comes up and picks her up to go home with him and she begins talking about "new job, and your co-host, that nice blonde girl..." he is Haunch from "Big Shot"!

thats another reason why i love CB. And i agree with MillieFan, if the animaotrs from CB made a re-make of Trigun, it would be one of the best sereis ever!

In contrast to everyone's opinions, I basiclly like everything about Cowboy Bebop. The story, plot, music, art, even the hidden secrets as DBD had said. I agree, it is a "thinking man's anime". Some people just can't appreciate "A work which becomes a genre of Its own will be called...Cowboy Bebop." Also I wonder what a Cowboy Bebop/Trigun will be like. They're remotely the same, but it would be interesting to see for myself. Thank you all for your opinions.

Another reason why I've heard people say that they don't like Bebop is because it has no plot. In reality, this is true. CB has no plot, but it was meant to be like that. each episode was meant to show a small portion of each character's personality and past. That's one reason why I like Bebop, because it's "a thining man's anime" It just appeals to me when you have to read into each episode rather than just watch it.

Actually, the story does progress. The crew are bounty hunters and, as such, each bounty is different leading up to the final conclusion. Really, the main plots with Spike are all the sessions with Vicious. There are many sessions where it tells of an individual crew members past, for example, Session 10 Ganymede Elegy tells of Jet's life in Ganymede. There is a plot, a rich one, it's just showed in an unorthodox way.