Adam Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 Should the font tag be enabled when you respond to comments / sign a person's guestbook in myOtaku? ADVANTAGE: Lets people personalize messages more. DISADVANTAGE: Makes this less uniform. Post thoughts here. -Adam
Sara Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 [size=1]Yes, please. It's pleasant to have the different fonts/colors/sizes. I think everyone can sacrifice a little uniformity for it. I mean, as long as people aren't posting size 72 font, I don't see any problem with it. The person whose site they are posting at can delete the posts if they're eyesores. [/size]
kmjk Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 I see no problem with it, provided people stay sane using it (ie. green size 48 "HI JUST SIGNING THE BOOK" = bad). Be nice if you could cap the sizes, say sizes 8- 24 for example, just in case. But, then again, the deletion option is always open too.
AzureWolf Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 Sara's got a point: the user can just delete the post if it is outrageous. Anyway, I always liked the flexibility of the entire myOtaku. I think it should stay with complete HTML compatibility.
Zephyr Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 Sounds like a good idea to me. After all, if it becomes a problem people can just delete the posts, and if all else fails the ability can be removed from MyOtaku by the the site admin(s). Just a suggestion, if possible, set up limits so that the size cannot too big.
OtakuSennen Posted September 22, 2003 Posted September 22, 2003 I haven't a problem with it. Everyone's individual in their own way, personality-wise at least (I say that for all the poor little clone children in the world), and simply changing some fonts would make the world a happier, more individual place, at least OB, that is. (I say that for all the poor little OBers in the world) But, if it's possible, I believe it would be logical to put a limit on font size.. But I don't know programming like that well, so I'm not sure if that is plausible.
Guest Cosmic Posted September 30, 2003 Posted September 30, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i] [B]I haven't a problem with it. Everyone's individual in their own way, personality-wise at least . . . . . . But, if it's possible, I believe it would be logical to put a limit on font size.. But I don't know programming like that well, so I'm not sure if that is plausible. [/B][/QUOTE] I tend to agree with that statement. I think we can more easily let our personalities show with things like color size and font variations. It would be a good idea to cap the font size, just to keep things from getting too far out of hand.
Dagger Posted October 5, 2003 Posted October 5, 2003 Yes, please! And I agree with everyone else, the font sizes should be capped--but only if it's not too much trouble. I strongly doubt that many people will use ridiculously large fonts. ~Dagger~
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now