OtakuBoards

Hack//Sign - Odd observations.

Domou

I don't know.. But every now and then I observe some things that change through out the series. Such as Subaru's hair and how it's slightly longer in the first few episodes, and seems to get shorter in the near episodes.

Just little things like that, and am wondering if anyone else has picked up such small details. It would be interesting to hear some.

A tad hyper tonight, if you can't tell. :laugh:

I know that you would expect this question is different for .hack//SIGN than most other animes because this series uses CG. However, what you have to realize is that the CG is very "integrated" into the artists' work. Simply, while they are able to easily alter things (as they did in the opening of .hack//GIFT), you also have to understand that the general concept and sketch is created by humans, and this fact goes for every frame of animation. Also understand that several artists means that there are bound to be some differences.

That's my take.

I get the feeling from watching it that there must have been multiple artists working seperately from each other. Each character seems to change multiple times throughout the series, leading me to believe that artists were given an assigned scene and let loose. One instance of this is in one of the last three episodes (IIRC) there is a point where Krim is talking to SK on the boat in Mac Anu, and his face and hair are completely different from normal.

At least, that is how I see things.

Ew! Thats when the crack artist drew him! X_X

Yeah, i'v noticed alot of this too and agree that different artists drew different sceenes. I think what I noticed most was how Crim's wisp from his forehead would sometimes be really long and then other times it would be shorter.

Yeah, there were quite a few different animators in .hack//SIGN, who all seemed to have their own styles. In some episodes you'll see the characters have bigger eyes and smaller noses, sort of more of a light chibi-esque style of animation.

Yet at the same time, you see the characters with smaller eyes and larger hair in other episodes. (I.E. KKC's crack artist) But I think it would have been better if the artists collaborated more. Like in Evangelion and Witch Hunter Robin, for examples. Throughout most of the scenes the characters look so similar as if the same person did all of the initial sketches.

But it's not such a big deal, in my opinion.

Of course there are multiple artists! That goes for every anime (EVERY Anime). Did you actually think there was a single guy doing every single frame of animation?! Haha, that would be golden. There would be his boss, behind him, shouting, "Oh, c'mon, pick up the pace, man! These episodes have to all be drawn in two weeks! Mush, I say, mush!"

It's cool that you came to that conclusion without any prior knowledge besides noticing a difference in art, but I thought that was a universal fact. Mangas, most of the time, are a different story, and have one artist behind them.