OtakuBoards

LXG: personal flop.

Krademon

Went to see this movie on thursday. For some reason it just flopped. Fell over. Dies. Lost it. Hammered ect ect. At least in my oppinion. I'm not sure about anyone else but the reveiws didn't like it much either.
The worst part was the camerawork and sound. The movements were blurry and the sounds were screechy. Come of the effects were good though. The invisible man was probably my personal top scoring effect and yes I know it's been done before but you havent seen the back of their head with something on their face (looks creepy) or one in the snow. All in all the effects were not too bad.
The story was kinda....dilute? IU'm not sure if this is because it was a movie from a movie from a book but it left too many loose ends.
From me 3\10

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Well, the bit I liked about it was that nearly all the charecters are from a famous piece of literature, so when it's all weaved together in that story, you get the effect that all those stories are true. Gives it more credibility. Like, the vampyre woman being the wife of the man who killed Dracula, and Dr Jekyll needs no explanation, the story of the invisible man fit in too, and there was the famous tale of Dorian Grey, same with Captain Nemo- they were all around at the same time, and since no one who saw the movie will be from that time, it makes it seem like it could really happen.

The Mr Hyde Plus was a little disgusting, and some lines were too corny for my liking, but apart from that, no little details annoyed me.

Generally, however, the movie was enjoyable but I definately wouldn't go see it again. Worth it once, not twice. Perhaps in a few years or so. I'd give it a two and a half out of five, if that's anything to compare it too. [/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krademon [/i]
[B]Graphic novels? [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Yes, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is based on a comic book mini-series of the same name. It's widely regarded as one of the best comics ever created, and managed to receive acclaim in the literary community as well as the comics sub-culture. Go and read some; you'll be pleasantly surprised by the differences between the movie and comics.

I thought that this film had a lot of potential, but Sean Connery destroyed it. I had no complaints with his character, but it just felt like "[i]Sean Connery presents[/i] LXG" rather than an ensemble film based around a team. Too much emphasis was put on Alex Quartermain from the beginning of the film, and I found allo f the other sub-plots much more interesting. It's not a terrible movie, but nobody should watch it expecting the thing to profoundly change their lives. LXG is just a typical comic book movie, I suppose.

-Shy[/size]