OtakuBoards

Anime magazines

IkkiMechaPilot

Ok ive been into anime a long time but since i dont have a job and realy havent had a good one i have just kinda shirked all the mainstreamness and got bootlegs and stuff but since now im getting a job and i have better acsess to the net and extra money i want to know if there are any anime magazines i can pick up to find out about new anime coming out and all that.

Well, I read Animerica and Anime Insider. I can give you an idea of how they stack up.

[i]Animerica[/i]
A "jack-of-all-trades" kind of magazine. They pick a different topic (or random small ones) each month and devote about a third of the magazine to it. Another third goes to reviews for whatever anime titles they happened to get their hands on, and similar reviews for videos games. The last third is just random things like convention cosplay pictures, model painting/building advice, genre-specific fan art, and ads.

[i]Anime Invasion[/i]
Hmm, it has been a while since I bought one, but I remember that is seems to be more focused then Animerica. Better info on each topic, and longer articles. Sorry I cannot remember more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dragonbz_3 [/i]
[B]Where do you get these becuse I would like to get some too [/B][/QUOTE]

You can usually find them in a comic book store, or at a Borders or Barnes & Nobel. It just depends on the area you live in and the type of book stores/comic shops around you.