OtakuBoards

Grand Champ -DMX

conpiracymonki

[size=1]Didn't find a thread on this in the newest two pages.

I couldn't care less how much you all loathe and despise rap. And I'm not interested in how bad you hate any possible word in all languages that may or may not be linked with hip hop in some stupid and small insignificant way. But what I am interested in is if you have heard this album and you have something to say specifically about it.

[i]Grand Champ[/i] is DMX's fifth and newest album, following [i]It's Dark And Hell Is Hot[/i] (1998); [i]And Then There Was X[/i] (1999); [i]Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood[/i] (2000); and [i]The Great Depression[/i] (2001).

I haven't fully heard any of his previous albums, so I can't fairly compare this to any of them. But I have to say at first I didn't really think this was a good set of tracks, but as you listen to them (as usual) you seem get a taste for them. Finding lyrics helps an awful lot too.

[center][img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000C421G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img][/center]
My favourite tracks have to be 'Dogs Out', 'Untouchable', 'On Top', and 'We 'Bout to Blow', although my favourite-favourite (¬.¬) has to be the slower-paced calmer 'The Rain'.

Anyway. What're your favourite tracks? Which songs did you think were iffy or downright horrible, and why? And how did you think this album compared to his others?

[i]Now I know, only I can stop the rain..[/i]-The Rain[/size]

Well, i'm not much into rap and hip-hop, but DMX is actually one of the few rappers that i actually like and i just got his new album Grand Champ a couple of weeks ago and its not the best, but i think its just as good as some of his other albums though. I don't like a couple of the songs though, but i guess that happens for alot of the artists that i like.

Its not like all the songs are going to be to your liking in the first place, i guess it just depends on the rythem and the beat of the song or whatever ya know what i mean.

Anyways, back to what i was saying, i've seen the music video for "where da hood at" and i do actually think that they could have done a lot better than that, but i guess there hasn't been that many good music videos out there lately to go with the really good songs which sucks a** man.

DMX has skills on the mic and is a good entertainer. I went to one of his concerts once and the crowd never set down the entire time. His new album is not the best; The Great Depression was better in my opinion. I like that song and video for Where Tha Hood At it is pretty good but I don't know what the end is about. He goes off topic and raps about some dude names Tito.

I'm not really a fan of rap myself but DMX is pretty cool for a rapper, I listened to a little of his new cd it?s not bad at all for rap..... Plus if you've ever happened to read up on DMX he litterly suffers for his fans by starving himself/not sleeping days due to concerts

Guest The Bouncer
This album is hard!! its his bes one yet. My favorie one is the "Dogs Out". they could have cut the song wit 50 cent and Styles P. it was kinda wack.