OtakuBoards

The Crafters: Destruction Of Dimensions -=Jahnsen=-

Corey

[i]Gareth struck down full force, fully expecting to hit Akato there and then, preferably killing him. But to his surprise, Akato's entire being suddenly faded away when he struck down, and instead found himself hitting the ground hard. Growling with anger, Gareth looked around. There stood Akato, indifferent to the point of annoyance, but wait... Gareth closed his eyes and opened them again, rubbing them vigorously. Akato seemed to be swaying, and he could see two or three of them fading back and forth.

"What in the name of bloody hell..." muttered Gareth.

The swaying image smiled. At the same moment, Gareth noticed the stinging smell in his nose. Realising the cause of his hallucinations suddenly, Gareth tore off his shirt sleeve, tying it around his nose like a mask. Akato's smirk widened.

"Too late there lad... looks like the effect on you is hallucination..." chuckled Akato.

Drawing his blade, pointing it at Gareth's throat, the swaying figure suddenly disappeared from Gareth's view, and a moment later Gareth saw a faint blur charge towards him... [/i]

Gareth heard himslef scream. his head was.. was hurting, his, his.....Mimi.

Mimi.

[i]Mimi had torn itself free from the scabbard, flying hilt first into Akato's chin, rendering him inert upon the ground. It...it knew that it needed to give Gareth energy. For Mimi would be but an ordinary weapon if Gareth died. And the poison was consuming him......She returned to the sheath.[/i]

Mimi.

Mimi.

[Aaaaarrrggggh]

*from his supine position upon the ground, Akato watched in a bemused daze as the sword flew around...*

Gareth staggered to his feet. He was feeling.. better, in some aspects but... He was on fire. Screaming from the awesome pain of his flesh burning, Gareth ran, screaming, through the alleys, into the main street. Running, always screaming, Gareth knocked people over, scattered poultry in his quest for a water source to quench the flames. He leapt off the bridge, and into the sluggish, polluted river. Nobody paid him any attention. Crazy men screaming about being on fire was a common site in Keeven. probably something to do with those crazy potion masters.

[i]Gareth came too. His first thought was that he was in hell. it was dark, thick, and choking, like....like Mud? [Mud?]

Mud?[/i]

He burst to the surface, gasping for breath. Everything was clear again. That bastard Akato.. he must have poisoned him or something. The water must have removed the fumes, despite it's filth. Gareth saw something float past. A corpse. He was lucky he hadn't ended up like that.

He'd have to fight Akato another day. Well, at least he was still alive [i]to[/i] fight..

[i]Akato raised his eyebrows, a bit annoyed. He never liked anything half-assed. Especially in fights. It never was fun unless they bet their lives and cast their lives on their blades... Ah well... I guess that meant he won. Glancing down the street to whence his opponent fled, Akato flicked his blade up into the moonlight, then twirled it lightly. Well... if that lad was a hired mercenary... he will be back sometime later...

Shrugging lightly and indifferently at the thought, Akato sauntered towards his home, a wretched, decrepit hut at the edge of the town. He needed to work on some new potions, not to mention get his green vial ready in case he encountered another attack...

*10 minutes later*

Akato pushed open the low cloth hanging down over the door, and entered his sanctuary. The hut was filled from top to bottom with shelves, each filled with sickly, bizarre organs and pickled remains of random creatures. Taking out the sample he collected in the woods that day, Akato opened one bottle filled with pinkish liquid, and dropped the sample in. A sickening glop was heard, and the fungi sunk down, suspended within the fluid.

Akato considered it critically for a moment, then sighed in a satisfied fashion, screwing the lid onto the bottle and placing it on a nearby shelf. Humming a strange tune lightly, Akato reached over to a nearby test tube filled with a greenish, sickly fluid. Grinning at the fluid with ecstasy, Akato poured out the fluid into a smaller vial, and placed a stopper on it tightly.

He was ready.

Placing the vial into his pocket, Akato sauntered out of his hut, perhaps to grab a bite, or to just wander around and waste the night away.
[/i]

Gareth swam back to shore, swatting away midgies andmosquitos. His current clothes were pretty well much ruined, and required a good soak at least. He would need to re-oil his leather and weapons as well. he shuddered: he could still remember the feeling of his head, and indeed, whole body, being on fire. All an illusion. yet he could still smell charred skin, and burnt hair. At least gareth would be better prepared next time. And he [i]wsn't[/i] going to use a sickle on that sword...

Time to find out anything people knew about this Akato...

[i]4 hours later][/i]...

Sitting in a bar, Gareth was deep in conversation when Akato entered. Cockily sitting at the bar next to Gareth, Akato interrupted and said

"Hows your eyebrows. looking a bit singed, eh?"

Gareth self-consciously moved his hand towards them before remembering.

"You bastard. If you think I am a wuss for running away, what kind of .... sicko, would use poison on is blade and on his person.?"

Akato repleid ".........

[OOC: You continue from there]

OOC: What... another fight...? Not yet... I want to fight Arcadia next... pity she's in Gensine...

[i]Akato smiled indulgently, twirling his blade innocently. He loved idiots who called him cheap or wuss or whatever because he simply had poison on his blades. What simpletons.

"Ah... you call me a wuss, I call you a simpleton... you don't know the deeper, darker side of this world kid... you know nothing... winners tell their tales, losers tell it to the damn worms crawling underground. The only thing that matters is if you live or die."

Turning towards the bartender (good ol' Damon), Akato smiled innocently and asked for dinner, anything edible and good. Damon grumbled slightly under his breath, eyeing Akato with disgust. Akato pretended not to notice, though he saw the little transaction of looks clearly. How he loved it.

Reflecting on his past, Akato reminisced a bit about how he was called a wuss, but had no power to retaliate. So much had changed... yes... so much ever since... he caressed the hilt of his blade lightly, fondly, and lovingly. In the end, this world was nothing more than a pitted maelstrom of power, greed, and anger. Nothing could be done to quench the never-ending storm, and none dared to.

Snapping back to reality, he found a steaming pile of what he guessed was meat in front of him, and Damon grudgingly scurrying off towards the corner, eyeing Akato and Gareth with deep disgust. Sipping a drink nonchalantly, Akato eyed his food for a second, wary of any poison that Damon may have slipped in. Then, he slapped himself in the head jovially, remembering his mostly immune body. Smiling gingerly, he began eating, famished after the whole riff raff of the night.
[/i]